[BNC-all] Casey Heaton Memorialization

John Weaver jrweaver at ecn.purdue.edu
Tue Aug 7 18:24:18 EDT 2007

As all of you are aware, we lost a key member of the BNC family last week
with the untimely death of Casey Heaton.  Casey's contributions to BNC are
legion, but the biggest loss is far more personal.  He was a good friend to
many of us - Casey and I were friends for 16 years.  Several things are
underway to honor Casey's memory.

Memorial Service

There will be a memorial service for Casey on Saturday, August 11, at Sunset
Memory Garden in Kokomo from 1:00 - 2:30 PM.  This will include time for
people to give personal reminiscences of Casey in an "open mike" format.
This will be followed by a reception at Casey's fraternity in Kokomo.
Directions are attached.

BNC Gathering

Several members of the BNC family asked that we have a gathering to honor
Casey in the BNC.  This will be held at 9:00 AM this Friday, August 10, in
BRK 1001.

Honoring Casey

Contributions are being collected by Melissa Lane in the BNC Lobby in
Casey's memory.  The funds will be used to fund an upgrade to the AXIC PECVD
system in the BNC cleanroom.  Casey was instrumental in the final design of
the AXIC, and it was his favorite piece of equipment at BNC.  Following the
upgrade, the system will be named in Casey's honor and an appropriate plaque
will be placed next to the cleanroom window at that bay.

We all miss Casey, but his memory lives on with all of us and with his
contributions at the BNC, at Delphi, at Texas Instruments, and in his
personal life.  Please join us in remembering Casey and a life cut far too
short.

In memory of Casey Heaton,

John

John R. Weaver