[BNC-all] Casey Heaton Memorialization

John Weaver jrweaver at ecn.purdue.edu
Tue Aug 7 16:06:36 EDT 2007

 Discovery Park

Birck Nanotechnology Center

Remembering Casey Heaton

As you are well aware, the BNC lost a member of its family last week with
the untimely death of Casey Heaton.  Casey's contributions to BNC were
legion, but more importantly we lost a very good friend.  Several things are
underway to honor Casey's memory.

Memorial Service

A memorial service to honor Casey will be held this Saturday, 11 August
2007, from 1:00 - 3:30 PM at Sunset Memory Garden in Kokomo (2097 West Alto
Road).  This will include a time when Casey's friends may honor him with an
anecdote or personal reminiscence in an open-microphone format.  This will
be followed by a reception at Casey's fraternity on Saratoga Avenue in
Kokomo.  Directions follow.

BNC Ceremony

There was a request from several members of the BNC family to provide a time
to honor Casey in BNC.  We will have a short ceremony at 9:00 AM Friday, 10
August 2007, in BRK 1001.

Casey Memorial Donation

A collection is being taken in honor of Casey by Melissa Lane at the BNC
lobby.  The money collected will be used to upgrade the AXIC PECVD system in
the BNC cleanroom.  Casey was instrumental in the final design of this
system, and it was his favorite piece of equipment in the facility.
Following the upgrade, the system will be named in Casey's honor and an
appropriate plaque will be placed at the window of the bay where the AXIC is
located.

Please join us in honoring the life of Casey Heaton through these events.
While his life was cut short, Casey will be with us through his many
contributions to BNC, to Delphi, and to Texas Instruments, but most of all
through the mark he left on each of our lives.  He was a good friend and
loyal colleague.  He will be sorely missed.

In honor of Casey,

John

John R. Weaver

Facility Manager