[BNC-all] Autoclave mishap- message from Lisa Reece

MaryJo Totten tottenm at ecn.purdue.edu
Thu Nov 2 07:39:55 EST 2006

 This is a message of high importance from Lisa Reece

Please email to Bindley and Birck personnel on my behalf:

I was training someone on the autoclave today and found that someone had put
pipettes in an autoclave bin but laid the pipettes in the bin and did not
use an autoclavable bag. This caused the pipet envelopes to melt and glue
together and to the plastic bin. I did manage to dig the pipets out and
place them into a black bag, however, this needs to be addressed.

All pipets must be placed into an autoclavable bag and THEN the bag will be
placed into a plastic autoclavable bin. Afterwards, the bag can be placed
into a black bag for REM pickup.

If you have any questions, please get in touch with me or Christy Cooper for
further details.

Thanks,

L.

  _____