: Midterm 1 solutions
: The 573 lecture for 10/10 (Friday) has been cancelled. See you next Wednesday!
: The final exam has been scheduled. It will be Tuesday, December 16th from 10:30am–12:30pm in EE 115.
: Project step 3 is now due 10/6.
: The URLs for the course calendar have changed. Please update your bookmarks/subscriptions.
: The midterms have been rescheduled (the times in the printed syllabus are outdated): Midterm 1 will now be Wednesday, October 1st from 6:30–7:30 in SMTH 108. Midterm 2 will now be Wednesday, November 5th from 6:30–7:30 in LILY G126. The course calendar has been updated to reflect the changes.
: Course webpage is live!
This course focuses on the tools and techniques needed to build an optimizing compiler. Topics include:
- Scanning and parsing: determining the syntactic structure of a program
- Semantic routines: determining the semantics of a program and building an intermediate representation
- Code generation: emitting assembly code that is equivalent to the program
- Program optimizations: improving the performance of a program
- Program analysis: determining interesting information about a program's behavior
The course syllabus discusses most of the details of the course, including a tentative schedule of topics, a brief description of the project and other administrative information.
The project page is available here. Keep a close eye on the project page for project-related announcements. Any changes to project requirements will be posted there.
The discussion forum for the class is on Piazza.