How to Request puthesis Help
March 16, 2012
Please follow these instructions when requesting puthesis help.
Using this procedure will save me writing back saying
please send me the other files neeeded to reproduce the problem.
Create a small
file to demonstrate the problem.
Try to make the
file self-contained, if possible.
Create an email message with
- a description of what the problem is
- all of your questions numbered
- commands to run to reproduce the problem
- the small
- any personal command definitions files needed (please remove stuff not needed to demonstrate problem)
- any \include'd files needed (please remove stuff not needed to demonstrate problem)
- any non-standard packages
- any figures needed to reproduce the problem
Test the email message you plan to send by
- sending the message to yourself
- creating a new directory
- putting the files in the message in the new directory
- running the commands to demonstrate the problem
- deleting this new directory once its no longer needed
After you've tested the email message,
send a copy to email@example.com.
Please give it a more specific subject line
than just "puthesis problem"
or something similar.
Revised: March 16, 2012
Created: March 16, 2012