Step 0: Submission
Test - Due Friday, August 25th
This step is to teach you how to submit the project using the turnin command on the ECN machines. Please, note that it's
in your own interest to learn precisely how to submit the projects correctly
since according to the course policy, failure in submitting the project
before the deadline will result in severe penalties to your grade.
This is your opportunity to make sure that your Makefile
and directory structure are set up correctly. Getting this wrong on future
project steps will lead to significant deductions!
The Task: Create
and submit a dummy project
- Log into your ECN account(♦)
and create a directory for 573 project (you may call it Compiler).
- Make a step0code directory under your main directory
that will contain all the project steps (Compiler or whatever name you
chose for it in previous step)
- Copy the following files into the step0code directory: Makefile, helloworld.c
- Modify the "group" target of the Makefile to print out your name and ECN id.
- Submit the project under the name step0 following the
instructions for the turnin
♦: If you are working in a group, pick one of your
accounts to submit from and for all your future submissions use the same
account to submit your project.