School of Mechanical Engineering,
Director, Ray W. Herrick Laboratories,
Past President, Institute of Noise Control Engineering.
Couresy Appointment: Professor, Psychological Sciences,
Ray W. Herrick Labs
177 S Russell Street
West Lafayette, IN
Picture taken during the Herrick Labs' Industrial Advisory Committee (IAC) Meeting, October 2014. IAC, Herrick Faculty, Students and Staff in front of the recent $30M expansion of the Ray W. Herrick Laboratories, completed Summer 2013.
ME Group and Laboratory Affiliations:
- Systems, Measurements and Controls
- Mechanics including Acoustics and Noise Control
- Ray W. Herrick Laboratories
- Signal processing and Data Analysis/font>
- System modeling
- Modeling of Viscoelastic Materials
- Seat-Occupant Dynamics
- Condition monitoring of machinery
- Sound quality
- Impact (Annoyance and Sleep Disturbance) of Aircraft Noise
Recent Research Sponsors:
Cummins, FAA PARTNER Center of Excellence, NASA (Langley), Carrier, Ford Motor Company, Navy (MURI).
ISO Technical Committee 43, Working Group 9
working on ISO 532-1 and ISO 532-2 Loudness Standards.
ANSI/ASA Working Group 51
working on S3.4-2007(R2012) Procedure for the computation of loudness of steady sounds.
Give input on updates to this standard .
Links to Web Sites:
- Digital Signal Processing
- Sound Quality
- Sound Quality Symposiums: SQS98 (Ypsilanti), SQS02 (Dearborn), Produce Sound Quality 2002 (Ypsilanti), SQS 2008 (Dearborn)
- NoiseCon 1988 (Purdue), 2005 (Minneapolis), 2013 (Denver)
- Acoustical Society of Americal Meeting, Indianapolis, Fall 2014
Upcoming Conferences of Interest:
23rd International Compressor, 16th Refrigeration
& 4th High Performance Buildings
11-14 July, 2016.
West Lafayette, IN, USA.
13-15 June, 2016.
Providence, Rhode Island, USA.
21-24 August, 2016.
International Congress on Acoustics, ICA 2016
5-9 September, 2016.
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Upcoming ASA Meetings
171st: 23-27 May, 2016, Salt Lake City, UT, USA.
172nd: 28 Nov-2 Dec, 2016, Joint with Acoustical Soc. Japan, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
173rd: 25-29 June, 2017, Boston, MA, USA.
173rd: Fall, 2017, To be Decided, USA.
173rd: 7-11 May, 2018, Minneapolis, MN, USA.