Young Gul Hur
Postdoctoral Research AssociateAdvised by Professor Rajamani Gounder
Purdue University, Chemical Engineering, Postdoctoral Research Associate (2017 - present)
Korea University, B.S. Degree (2013 - 2017)
Korea University, M.S. Chemical and Biological Engineering (2011 - 2013)
Hongik University, B.S. Chemical Engineering (2003 - 2009)
- Korea University, Chemical and Biological Engineering, Research Professor (Mar 2017 - Apr 2017)
- Purdue University, Chemical Engineering, Visiting Scholar (Apr 2015 - May 2016)
- Korea University, Engineering Laboratory Center, Research Assistant (Mar 2013 - Feb 2014)
- Korea Institute of Energy Research, Clean Fuel Laboratory, Researcher (Feb 2009 - Feb 2011)
- Korea Research Institute of Chemical Technology, Research Center for Green Technology, Research Intern (Jul 2008 - Sep 2008)
- Korea Institute of Energy Research, Clean Fuel Laboratory, Research Intern (Jan 2008 - Mar 2008)
- Military Service, Medical Battalion, 61st Division in Inchon (2004 - 2006)
- Young Scientist Award - Asia Pacific Congress on Catalysis, APCAT-7 (2017)
- Brain Korea 21 Scholarship - National Research Foundation (NSF) of Korea (2013 - 2015)
- The Creative Challenge Researcher for Graduate Student - Korea University, Grand Prize (2015)
- Honors Scholarships - Tuition scholarship for 3 semesters (2007 - 2009)
Light hydrocarbon conversion to transportation fuels.
Publications and Patents
- J.H. Yang, Y.G. Hur, H.-T. Lee, J.-I. Yang, H.-J. Kim, D. H. Chun, J. C. Park, H. Jung, The effect of partitioning porous plate in bubble behavior and gas hold-up in a bench scale (0.36 m X 22 m) trayed bubble column Korean Chemical Engineering Research, 50 (3) (2012) 505-510
- J.H. Yang, Y.G. Hur, H.-T. Lee, J.-I. Yang, H.-J. Kim, D. H. Chun, J. C. Park, H. Jung, S. B. Park, Interaction between partitioning porous plate and rising bubbles in a trayed bubble column Chemical Engineering Research and Design, 90 (10) (2012) 1457-1466
- J.H. Yang, Y.G. Hur, H.-T. Lee, H.-J. Kim, D. H. Chun, H. Jung, S. B. Park, Hydrodynamic effect of oxygenated byproduct during Fischer-Tropsch synthesis in slurry bubble column Chemical Engineering and Processing: Process Intensifications, 66 (2013) 27-35
- Y.G. Hur, J.H. Yang, H. Jung, S.B. Park, Origin of regime transition to turbulent flow in bubble column: Orifice- and column- induced transitions International Journal of Multiphase Flow, 50 (2013) 89-97
- Y.G. Hur, J.H. Yang, H. Jung, K.-Y. Lee, Continuous alcohol addition in vaporized form and its effect on bubble behavior in a bubble column Chemical Engineering Research and Design, 92 (5) (2014) 804-811.
- H.-J. Eom, D.-W. Lee, S. Kim, S.-H. Chung, Y.G. Hur, K.-Y. Lee, Hydrocracking of extra-heavy oil using Cs-exchanged phosphotungstic acid (CsxH3-xPW12O40, x=1-3) catalysts Fuel, 126 (15) (2014) 263-270
- Y.G. Hur, M.-S. Kim, D.-W. Lee, S. Kim, H.-J. Eom,G Jeong, M.-H. No, N.S. Nho, K.-Y. Lee, Hydrocracking of vacuum residue into lighter fuel oils using nanosheet-structured WS2 catalyst Fuel, 137(1) (2014) 237-244
- J. Lee, Y.G. Hur, M.-S. Kim, K.-Y. Lee, Catalytic reduction of nitrate in water over ceria-and ceria-zirconia- supported Pd catalysts Jounal of Molecular Catalysis A; Chemical, 399 (2015) 48-52
- Y.G. Hur, D.-W. Lee,K.-Y. Lee, Hydrocracking of vacuum residue using NiWS(x) dispersed catalysts Fuel, 185 (1) (2016) 794-803
- H.-J. Eom, S. Kim,Y.G. Hur, K.-Y. Lee, "A method for preparing light oil from extra heavy oil using cesium substituted heteropolyacid catalyst and method for regenerating the catalyst." PCT/KR2013/007360 (2013).
- 7 Korea Patents dealing with inorganic core-shell structured materials, nano-particle structured materials, heavy-oil conversion.