3D Model Based Iterative Reconstruction for Synchrotron X-Ray Tomography
Synchrotron based X-ray tomography is widely used for three dimensional imaging of materials at the micron scale.
In this work, we do 3D MBIR reconstructions of data obtained from a synchrotron facility.
The algorithm also accounts for measurement non-uniformities (cause of ring artifacts)
and the presence of anamolous measurements (zingers) caused by high energy photons (cause of streak artifacts).
Thus, the algorithm produces high quality reconstructions with low noise while reducing ring artifacts and streaks.
- Can be compiled for MacOS and Linux
- Recommended to run on HPC systems
- Command line tool
- Automatic initialization of regularization parameters
- Reconstruct the volume at various voxels sizes
- Uses distributed and shared memory parallelization (using MPI and OpenMP)