Thank you for your interest in graduate studies at Purdue University! The following checklist will assist you in completing your Graduate School application and preparing your documents supporting your application.
- Create an application account to start your Graduate School application.
- Complete the following sections of the application based upon your enrollment objective:
- Degree-seeking (MSE/MS/MSE-MBA)
- Applicant Information - Personal Background, Emergency Contact, Residency
- Campus and Program
- Campus: Select "West Lafayette (Main Campus)"
- Proposed Graduate Major: Select "Interdisciplinary Engineering"
- Area of Interest: Select "Engineering Management and Leadership"
- Degree Objective: Select "MS in Engineering" or "Master of Science"
- Use the information in the following checklist to determine MSE or MS qualification
- Education Background
- Additional Information (not required to list faculty)
- Statement of Purpose Upload
- Test Scores
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) - (recommended but not required)
- Diversity Essay (not required)
- Resume Upload
- Letters of Recommendation
- Pay the nonrefundable application fee by credit card. The Graduate School degree application fee is $60 (U.S. dollars) for domestic applicants and $75 (U.S. dollars) for international applicants.
- Submit an official transcript for every institution of higher education attended. Uploaded documents must be from the official version of the academic record/transcript. Social Security numbers must be marked out before any document is uploaded. Upload Tips. Transcripts not written in English must be submitted with a certified English translation. If the degree granted and date awarded is not listed on the transcript, a copy of the original diploma is also needed. Transcripts should be submitted to the address listed below.
- If sending the diploma, a copy of the original must be made and verified by one of the following: the institution that issued the diploma, the employer, an official such as a lawyer (notarized), or an upper level financial institution employee (notarized). The verifier must write "This is a true original copy of the diploma for (student's full name)" on the copy, sign and date the copy, and write their name, title, phone, and email address on the copy. The copy cannot be faxed or sent over email, it must be mailed to the graduate program.
- The MSE degree is awarded to those graduate students whose undergraduate degree is from an ABET accredited engineering school. The MS degree is awarded to graduate students whose undergraduate degree is not from an ABET accredited engineering school (such as computer science, mathematics, technology, or physics).
- If you do not have an ABET-accredited engineering degree (or international equivalent) you will need to provide proof of your successfully completed math courses of Calculus I & II and either Differential Equations or Linear Algebra. You must provide a list of the courses (number and title) and a description or a syllabus to support the application.
- Three letters of recommendation are required for degree-seeking applicants. Online recommendation providers will receive an email notification with instructions for accessing the recommendation system during the application process once you enter their names in the application. For recommendation providers who prefer to submit a paper recommendation, the recommendation must be emailed directly from the recommender to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- International degree-seeking applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit proof of English proficiency. The Graduate School accepts the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic scores for admission. Refer to the Graduate School's minimum score requirements. The Graduate School will routinely waive the English proficiency requirement for applicants who have received a degree from a school where English is the primary language of instruction in one of the recognized English speaking countries. Note: If you have not done so already, request that ETS send your scores electronically to the Purdue University West Lafayette campus using code 1631.
- You may check the status of your submitted application by logging into your online application. The graduate program to which you applied updates your application status. If you have additional questions regarding your application status, you should contact Engineering Professional Education directly.
- If you have already submitted an online application and now want to apply to an additional program, you may do so through your existing account. From the Application Management screen, click the link at the bottom to "Start New Application".
Mail Application Materials to:
Seng-Liang Wang Hall
516 Northwestern Avenue, Suite 2500
West Lafayette, IN 47906-3105