Ranked top three programs by U.S. News and World Report, our online master's in engineering offers you Purdue prestige with the flexibility working professionals need to complete their studies. Our online graduate program options are specifically designed for working engineers, offering flexible plans of study with a format that allows you to study where you are. We offer both thesis and non-thesis degree options. While all graduate courses are online, you'll earn the same degree as on-campus students.
As an online engineering graduate student, courses will be offered asynchronously in the online environment. Instructors provide the material, lectures, tests, and assignments that can be accessed at any time. Courses are available for download and viewing two hours after the "live" lecture has been captured.
About the Courses
Courses are delivered asynchronously via streaming video over the Internet to students around the globe shortly after they are taught live in a classroom on campus. Our classes use the same faculty who teach in our on-campus programs, and for the larger course sections additional teaching assistants will provide further resources for the students. Courses are delivered via webcast and in select cases CD, DVD, or videotape may be available. You will need to view course lectures regularly to keep current with homework assignments, quizzes, and exams. Professors post assignments, hold telephone and e-mail office hours for discussion, and communicate about course requirements.
How Fast You Can Finish Your Degree
The average online Purdue student completes a master's degree in three-four years by taking one course per semester and occasionally taking a course during the summer term. However, if you're highly motivated you may take two courses a semester and complete the master's degree in well under three years. How quickly you complete our degree program depends on you, we have no set time limits on your online studies.
Learn More About Our Programs
- Engineering Master's Degrees - This is a list of our online master's degree options. Consistently ranked in the top ten programs by U.S. News and World Report, our online master's in engineering offers you Purdue prestige with the flexibility working professionals need to complete their studies.
- Engineering Graduate Certificates - Graduate certificates consist of 3-4 graduate engineering courses that can be transferred into your engineering master's degree at Purdue University.
- Our On-Campus Programs - These on-campus graduate programs are specifically designed for individuals preparing for a career in industry and are open to graduates from any engineering discipline and select science/math majors.
- Professional Development Courses - These non-credit courses are a way for working professionals to become certified in a certain specialty area, fulfill requirements, or stay at the forefront of emerging trends. This includes courses in project management and Lean Six Sigma, among others.
- Our Complete Course List - We offer one of the largest and most diverse online course menus available for graduate engineering. We want students to have access to a wide variety of disciplines to build diversity and depth of skill in a given topic area with more advanced course options.
For program specific questions, please submit an email with your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.