Credit Hours: 1
Start Date: June 15, 2020
Learning Objective: ** this is a two week course
- Solve algebra problems and apply algebraic principles in real-world chemical engineering contexts
- Utilize Matlab to solve engineering problems
- Solve differential calculus problems and apply principles in real-world chemical engineering contexts
- Solve integral calculus problems and apply principles in real-world chemical engineering contexts
- Solve problems involving vectors and apply principles in real-world chemical engineering contexts
This course is an introduction to the mathematics principles that are commonly used in the field of chemical engineering. We will review algebra, use MATLAB to solve engineering problems, review vectors and their applications, and review differential and integral calculus to prepare students to succeed in subsequent chemical engineering courses.
- Introduction to Chemical Engineering
- Review of Algebra
- Introduction to MATLAB
- Differential Calculus
- Partial Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
Prerequisites: Students should have successfully completed high school algebra and two semester of college calculus.
Applied / Theory: 80 / 20
Homework: There will be two homework sets of multiple-choice problems throughout the two-week course. Students should anticipate spending three hours per week per assignment on homework assignments beyond engaging with the lecture and homework tutorial videos. Additionally, students should anticipate spending an additional five minutes engaging in practice problems that are embedded in each lecture.
Exams: One fully online mid-term and one final exam that will be open for 60 hours from Friday at 12:00pm EST - Sunday at 11:59pm EST. Students will have one hour to complete the multiple-choice exam.
Textbooks: None required, although students may wish to reference a college calculus textbook.
Computer Requirements: ProEd Minimum Computer Requirements. Students must be able to access the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Powerpoint to accesss course files. Students will need to access MATLAB via GoRemote software, or they can purchase the student product.
ProEd Minimum Requirements:
Tuition & Fees: