Foundations of Chemical Engineering Mathematics
Learning Objective:** this is a two week course starting June 10 and ending June 23, 2019.
- Solve algebra problems and apply algebraic principles in real-world chemical engineering contexts
- Utilize Matlab to solve engineering problems
- Solve differential calculus problems and apply principles in real-world chemical engineering contexts
- Solve integral calculus problems and apply principles in real-world chemical engineering contexts
- Solve problems involving vectors and apply principles in real-world chemical engineering contexts
This course is an introduction to the mathematics principles that are commonly used in the field of chemical engineering. We will review algebra, use MATLAB to solve engineering problems, review vectors and their applications, and review differential and integral calculus to prepare students to succeed in subsequent chemical engineering courses.
- Introduction to Chemical Engineering
- Review of Algebra
- Introduction to MATLAB
- Differential Calculus
- Partial Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus