· 2013.01: Yaguo Wang joined UT Austin.
· 2012.06: Congratulations to Woongsik Nam for the Best Student Poster Award at the 13th International Symposium on Laser Precision Microfabrication. The title is "Laser Direct Growth of Silicon Nanowire and Graphene for Device Fabrication" and the authors are Woongsik Nam, James Mitchell, Dapeng Wei, Chookiat Tansarawiput, Minghao Qi and Xianfan Xu..
Srisungsitthisunti defended his PHD and joined
· 2011.10: Yaguo Wang defended her PHD thesis.
· 2011.06: Graduate student Piak (Pornsak Srisungsitthisunti)'s work has been awarded a patent for "Volume Fresnel zone plates fabricated by laser direct writing" (U.S. Patent No. 7,969,6544).
· 2010.12: Edward C. Kinzel defended his PHD thesis and will join Infrared Systems Laboratory in University of Central Florida, FL.
· 2010.11: Prof. Xu leads an NSF/DOE funded project on recovery of waste heat from automobile exhaust. http://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/research/2010/101123XuTEG.html
· 2010.08: Postdoc researcher Carl Liebig joined AFOSR Wright Patterson Laboratory .
2010.06: Postdoc researcher Se
· 2010.02: Sreemanth Uppuluri defended his PHS thesis and joined Intel.
· 2010.02: Congratulations to Piak (Pornsak Srisungsitthisunti) for the Student Award at the Conference on Laser Applications in Microelectronic and Optoelectronic Manufacturing (LAMOM) XV, part of Photonics West, 2010.
· 2009.09: Postdoc researcher Sinan Selcuk jointed Intel.
· 2008.05: Baratunde A. Cola defende his PHD thesis and will join Georgia Tech.
Liang Wang defended his PHD thesis and will join Molecular Imprints, Inc. in
Alex Qihong Wu defended his PHD thesis and will join
· 2007.11.21:Nicholas Dubay-Murphy successfully defended his dissertation and accepted a position at Harris Corporation.
· 2007.04.12: Congratulations to Qihong Wu (Alex) on the birth of his son Manning!
· 2006.05.05: Changrui accepted a position at Butler International.
· 2006.04.14: Xuhui Jin (Eric) successfully defended his dissertation and will be leaving to accept a position at Seagate.
· 2006.02.28: The femtosecond laser has been moved to the Birck Nanotechnology Center and is operational.
· 2005.10.31: Ihtesham H. Chowdhury (ET) graduated (Ph.D.) and accepted a position at Intel.
· 2005.09.15: Richard X. Zhang accepted a position at General Electric Global Research Center.
2005.05.01: Ihtesham H. Chowdhury (ET) won
the best paper award at the 2005 Laser Precision Microfabrication
Copyright © 2010,
Prof. Xianfan Xu,