CODO or Transfer into Nuclear Engineering


CODO (Change of Degree Objective)

Students wishing to CODO into the School of Nuclear Engineering must complete the following requirements:

  1. Complete all First Year Engineering requirements
  2. Have a minimum of 2.8 GPA, 2.0 EAI
  3. Have a GPA of 3.0 or better in all engineering, science and math courses completed

The Purdue University CODO procedure includes the following steps.

  1. Meet with an academic advisor in the college/school to which you wish to move and determine whether you meet the requirements.
  2. Obtain a CODO form from the Office of the Registrar (HOVDE) or online.
  3. Complete a CODO form, sign both copies and obtain signatures from both the college/school you are entering and the college/school you are leaving.
  4. Return one copy of the CODO form to the Office of the Registrar before registering for the next semester. CODO forms must be processed during the semester in which they are requested in order for them to include the most recent grades and coursework. 

Transfer to Nuclear Engineering from outside of Purdue University 


  • GPA 2.5 or higher
  • All first year engineering requirements must be completed (with the exception of ENGR 131/132 because of the difficulty in transferring those credits)