Assistant Professor of Health Sciences/Assistant Professor of Nuclear Engineering (courtesy appointment)
- Ph.D., Medical Physics, McMaster University, 2005
- M.Sc., Medical Physics, McMaster University, 2001
- B.S.c., Physics, Zhongnan University of Technology, 1996
- The application of nuclear physics in environmental health. Instrumentation and methods development for the in vivo measurement of lead, cadmium, arsenic, mercury, and other metals. Systems and methodology for tracing environment sources of metals and other pollutants.
- The application of nuclear physics in medicine. Study of radiation transport and dose distributions in biologic tissue and material. Basic research in radiotherapy and nuclear medicine.
- Radiation protection. Radiation dosimetry and miscrodosimetry. Development of compartmental and bio-kinetic models to assess radiation dose to radionuclilde therapy patients, radiation workers, and the general population.
- Radiobiology and toxicology. Investigation of low-does radiation effects and low-dose metal toxicity at the cellular and DNA level. Effect of radiation and toxic chemicals on various end points such as cell survival, DNA damage, and gene expressions.
- General nuclear physics applications in other fields.