When staff positions are available, they will be posted here.
Reactor Supervisor & Assistant Lab Director - West Lafayette - Nuclear Engineering
Job Number: (1100876)
Description This position is responsible for the operation, maintenance, safety and regulatory compliance for Purdue's Nuclear Reactor facility. The incumbent will also assist with long-term planning for the facility. The position has legal status through the Nuclear Regulatory Commission as a condition for licensing of the facility. Additional responsibilities include administration and operation of the Nuclear Engineering Laboratories under the supervision of the laboratory Director.
- Bachelor's degree in Nuclear Engineering or related field.
- Two years of research or other nuclear reactor operations experience.
- Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required work experience.
- Experience working with radiation and radiation producing devices.
- Ability to repair and maintain electronic equipment related to reactor operations.
- Familiarity with U.S. NRC regulations as they apply to nuclear reactors, and the use, disposal and transportation of radioactive materials.
- Must earn reactor operators license in 6 months and senior operator's license within one year.
- Ability to repair and maintain analog and digital reactor instrumentation required.
- Ability to lift and carry 10-25 pounds frequently and 40 pounds occasionally
- Knowledge of equipment such as Osciliscopes, Amplifiers, Single and Multiple Channel Analyzers and common radiation detectors and related nuclear instrumentation.
- Knowledge of electronics systems utilizing vacuum tubes.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Fidelity Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer.