Milestone in the Doctoral Program
Selection of area of specialization and major professor
- By the first day of the 1st semester
Identification of Thesis Topic
- As early as possible
Preparation and approval of plan of study
- By the end of the 3rd semester – required for 4th semester registration beginning Spring 2011
- Completed electronically via MyPurdue http://mypurdue.purdue.edu
- During the 4th semester after M.S.
- During the 4th semester after the B.S. for the ‘Direct Ph.D.’
- Preparation of the Ph.D. Thesis
- Preparation of Scholarly Journal Paper
Defense of Ph.D. Thesis
- Typically during the 6th semester after M.S.
- Typically during the 7th semester after B.S. for the ‘Direct Ph.D.’
- Completion of Exit Survey
- Graduation Procedures
To schedule your thesis defense or project report students must do the following:
- Identify a date that works for all committee members
Submit the Graduate School Form 8; Graduate students can log into their MyPurdue account to find a link to the database to submit a form 8.
- Minimum of 2 weeks prior to the scheduled defense date
- Submit Thesis or Report to all committee members at least 2 weeks prior to the scheduled defense date
Reserve the Nuclear Engineering Conference Room with the Main Office, NE 140
- Mention this is for a defense or final report to receive priority reservation