Outstanding Materials Engineers
The title of Outstanding Materials Engineer is conferred by the faculty of the Purdue University School of Materials Engineering, in recognition of excellence in some aspect of the field of Materials Science and Engineering or an affiliated profession as exemplified by leadership and accomplishments.
- Mr. William Shelley II, BS ’97, MS ’99, Founder, chief technology Officer CarbonGistics, Ltd, Dublin, Ireland and Founder, Chief Technology Officer of Piezocera, LLC, Louisville, KY
- Dr. Yongho Sohn, PhD ’98, UCF Pegasus Professor, Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering; Associate Director for UCF Materials Characterization Facility, University of Central Florida
- Mr. Brian Underwood, BS ’88, Serial Entrepreneur, Los Gatos, CA
- Mr. Robert A. Hull, BS ’65, Retired Director, Accurate Casting, Inc., LaPorte, IN.
- Dr. Frank R. Cichocki, Jr., BS’95, MS’97, PhD’00, Associate Director of R & D, Ethicon, Inc,, New Jersey.
- Dr. Nicholas W. Medendorp, Jr., Vice President, Medical Devices, Novan Therapeutics, Durham, NC
- Dr. Lisa C. Veitch, Research Staff Member, Institute for Defense Analyses, Alexandria, VA.
- Mr. Timothy McCrea, BS ’83, Technical Service Manager, ArcelorMittal, East Chicago, IN
- Dr. Janet M. Sater, MS ’85, PhD ’88, Research Staff Member, Institute for Defense Analyses, Science & Technology Division, Alexandria, VA
- Dr. Richard D. Sisson, PhD ’75, Dean of Graduate Studies, George F. Fuller Professor Mechanical Engineering, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA
- Mr. John E. Barnes, Leader, BS ’92, MS ’94, CSIRO Titanium Technologies, Australia
- Dr. Kenneth E. Blazek, BS ’65, PhD ’71, Principal Research Engineer, ArcelorMittal, East Chicago, IL
- Dr. Mary Lee Gambone, BS ’74, Head, Materials Engineering, Rolls Royce North America, Indianapolis, IN
- Dr. Ryan K. Roeder, BS ’94, PhD ’99, Associate Professor, Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, University of Notre Dame University, Notre Dame, IN
- Dr. David F. Bahr, BS ’92, M.S. ’93, Herman & Brita Lindholm Endowed Chair in Metallurgy Professor, Mechanical & Metallurgy Department, Washington State University, Pullman, WA
- Dr. Mark C. Petri, Ph.D. ’95, Nuclear Hydrogen Program Director, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL
- Dr. Janniah Prasad, 1964 MS MetE, Founder and Principal Investigator, QEM Management Associates, Norwalk, CT.
- Mr. Rodger L. Boehm, BS '82, Met.E, Director, Chicago Office, McKinsey & Company, Chicago, IL
- Dr. Sooho Kim, M. S. '80, MetE., Research Engineer, General Motors Global R & D, Warren, MI.
- Dr. Sheikh A. Akbar, PhD '85, Met.E, Associate Professor & Director, Center for Industrial Sensors and Measurements, Department of Materials Science & Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH.
- Ms. Kathleen Kansky Giannini, BS '82, MS '83, Met.E., Manager, Metallurgy and Testing, Ispat Inland, Inc., East Chicago, IN.
- Ms. Lorie J. Schmidt, BS '81, Met.E., Sr. Attorney Advisory, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Air and Radiation, and Office of Policy, Analysis and Review, Washington, DC.
- Mr. John M. Storm, BS '77, Met.E., President & CEO, Contour Hardening, Inc., Indianapolis, IN.
- Mr. Steven E. Ferdon, BS '82, Met.E., Materials Engineering Functional Excellence Leader, Cummins Engine Co., Columbus, OH.
- Mr. James L. Karl, BS '81, Met.E., Memory Products Solutions Manager, IBM Microelectronics, Burlington, VT.
- Dr. Tresa M. Pollock, BS '84, Met.E., Associate Professor, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Dr. V. G. Veeraraghaven, MS '73, PhD '76, Met.E., Manager, Components Engineering, Lexmark International, Inc., Lexington, KY.
- Mr. William J. Durako, Jr., BS '81, Met.E., President and Principal Investigator of Materials Engineering, Inc., Virgil, IL.
- Dr. Kenneth H. Sandhage, BS '81, Met.E., Associate Professor of Materials Science & Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH.
- Dr. D. H.R. Sarma, MS '76, PhD '82, Met.E., Sr. Development Engineer, Delco Electronics, Kokomo, IN.
- Ms. Linda M. Sarros, BS '77, Met.E., Staff Technical Representative of Sales, Inland Steel Bar Company, East Chicago, IN.