Neil Armstrong Hall of Engineering
701 West Stadium Avenue
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2045
Degree in Progress
PhD in Materials Engineering
- TA for MSE 367 at Purdue University (Spring 2013)
- TA for Mechanics of Materials Laboratory at Washington State University (Spring 2012)
- Fracture behavior of granular polycrystalline silicon using micro-scale & macro-scale indentation techniques.
TMS; Symposium: Solar Cell Silicon-Silicon Production & Refining; March (2013).
- The effects of solute hydrogen on the mechanical properties and crystallization behavior of solar grade silicon.
International Hydrogen Conference; Symposium: Hydrogen Effects on Materials; September (2012).
- Effect of solute hydrogen on toughness of feed stock polycrystalline silicon for solar cell application.
TMS; Symposium: Solar Cell Silicon-Silicon Production; March (2012).
- Identification of agglomeration of powder into granular silicon grown from a fluidized bed reactor.
TMS; Symposium: Silicon Production, Purification and Recycling for Photovoltaic Cells; March (2011).
- Mechanical properties of polycrystalline silicon solar cell feed stock grown via fluidized bed reactors.
TMS; Symposium: Solar Cell Silicon - Production and Recycling; February (2010).
- A materials outreach program developed by mse undergraduates for junior high students focused on grade level expectations.
MS&T; Symposium: Material Advantage Outreach Demonstration Expo; October (2009).
- Fracture behavior of granular polycrystalline silicon using micro-scale and macro-scale indentation techniques.
- Characterization of silicon nanoparticles formed from a fluidized bed reactor and their incorporation onto metal-coated carbon fibers.
- Effects of solute hydrogen on the toughness of polycrystalline silicon.
- Effects of solute hydrogen on toughness of feedstock polycrystalline silicon for solar cell applications.
- Characterization of granular silicon, powders, and agglomerates from a fluidized bed reactor.
- Mechanical properties of polycrystalline silicon solar cell feed stock grown via fluidized bed reactor.
M.B. Zbib and D.F. Bahr; Metallurgical and Materials Transactions E (MMTE); Accepted Oct. (2013).
M.B. Zbib. U Sahaym, D.F. Bahr Journal of The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (JOM); Accepted Oct (2013).
M.B. Zbib and D.F. Bahr, International Hydrogen Conference Proceeding (2012).
M.B. Zbib, M.G. Norton, D.F. Bahr, Scripta Materialia, vol. 64, pp. 756-759 (2012).
M.B. Zbib, M.M. Dahl, U. Sahaym, M.G. Norton , E.W. Osborne, D.F. Bahr, Journal of Materials Science, vol. 47, pp. 2583–2590 (2012).
M.B. Zbib, M.C. Tarun, M.G. Norton, D.F. Bahr, R. Nair, N.X. Randall, E.W. Osborne, Journal of Materials Science, vol. 45, pp. 1560–1566 (2010).