Steel Dynamics - internship
|Event Date:||March 11, 2014|
|City:||Butler or Columbia City
Metallurgical Internship Opportunity
Company Overview: Steel Dynamics, Inc. is one of the largest domestic steel producers and metals recyclers in the United States based on estimated annual steelmaking and metals recycling capability, with annual sales of $7.3 billion in 2012, over 6,700 employees, and manufacturing facilities primarily located throughout the United States (including five steel mills, six steel processing facilities, two iron production facilities, over 90 metals recycling locations and six steel fabrication plants).
SDI’s rapid growth has resulted from discovering and taking advantage of business opportunities in our areas of technical and operational expertise. The company seeks to attract creative and committed interns who are given challenging and rewarding experiences.
Internship Locations: Flat Roll Mill, Butler, Indiana
Structural and Rail Mill, Columbia City, Indiana
A Metallurgical Engineering Intern, with the guidance of a mentor will:
- Utilize engineering principles to assist in the performance of engineering duties
Conduct and analyze mill experiments
- Write reports on findings
- Assist other engineers in on-going projects
- Utilize various laboratory equipment for process analysis
- Perform data analysis and report trends to operation personnel
- Be in direct contact with operation personnel working on projects that will directly affect production
- Participate in day to day metallurgical activities in a fast paced and varied environment.
- Develop trials based on research and melting needs.
- Candidates should be enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in Materials Science or Metallurgical Engineering
- Completed at least their sophomore year of study by the Summer of 2014
- Preferred GPA of at least 2.7.
Resumes should be submitted to:
Human Resources Generalist
Steel Dynamics, Inc.
7575 W Jefferson Blvd., Fort Wayne, Indiana, 46804
direct: 260.969.3535 l main: 260.969.3500