Assistant Professor Of Mechanical Engineering
585 Purdue Mall
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2088
- Ph.D., Engineering Sciences, Harvard University, '12
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, '08
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, '07
- Scalable manufacturing: printable processes for liquid/elastomer composites ("soft MEMS")
- Soft robotics: soft active materials for actuation, sensing, and power of under-actuated compliant systems
- Bulk and surface modification of materials for smart interfacial processes
- Reconfigurable / morphing structures for virtual design & interaction
- Sensory skins for platforms including wearable computing, injury prevention & rehabilitation, robot control, and data gloves
Awards and Recognitions
Ten Select Publications
Rebecca K. Kramer, Carmel Majidi, Robert J. Wood. "Masked Deposition of Gallium-Indium Alloys for Liquid-Embedded Elastomer Electronics." Submitted to Advanced Functional Materials, 2012.
Rebecca K. Kramer, Howard A. Stone, James C. Weaver, Robert J. Wood. "Effect of Microtextured Surface Topography on the Wetting Behavior of Eutectic Gallium-Indium Alloys." Submitted to Langmuir, 2012.
Frank L. Hammond, Rebecca K. Kramer, Qian Wan, Robert D. Howe, Robert J. Wood. "Soft Tactile Sensor Arrays for Micro-manipulation." IEEE Int. Conference on Intelligent Robotics and Systems, Vilamoura, Algarve [Portugal], 2012.
Rebecca K. Kramer, Carmel Majidi, Ranjana Sahai, Robert J. Wood. "Soft Curvature Sensors for Joint Angle Proprioception." IEEE Int. Conference on Intelligent Robotics and Systems, San Francisco USA, 2011.
Jamie K. Paik, Rebecca K. Kramer, Robert J. Wood. "Stretchable Circuits and Sensors for Robotic Origami." IEEE Int. Conference on Intelligent Robotics and Systems, San Francisco USA, 2011.
Carmel Majidi, Rebecca Kramer, Robert J. Wood. "Non-Differential Elastomer Curvature Sensor for Softer-than-Skin Electronics." Smart Materials and Structures, 2011, v. 20 pp. 105017.
Rebecca K. Kramer, Carmel Majidi, Robert J. Wood. "Wearable Tactile Keypad with Stretchable Artificial Skin." IEEE Int. Conference on Robotics and Automation, Shanghai China, May, 2010.
Yong-Lae Park, Carmel Majidi, Rebecca Kramer, Phillipe Berard, and Robert J. Wood. "Hyperelastic Pressure Sensing with a Liquid-Embedded Elastomer." Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 2010, v. 20 pp. 125029.
Rebecca K. Kramer, Carmel Majidi, Robert J. Wood. "Shear-mode Contact Splitting for a Microtextured Elastomer Film." Advanced Materials, 2010, v. 22 pp. 3700.
R K Kramer, N Pholchai, V J Sorger, T J Yim, R Oulton, X Zhang. "Positioning of Quantum Dots on Metallic Nanostructures." Journal of Nanotechnology, 2010, v. 21 pp. 145307.