Timothy S. Fisher
James G. Dwyer Professor in Mechanical Engineering, by courtesy in Aeronautics and Astronautics
585 Purdue Mall
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2088
- B.S. Cornell University, '91
- Ph.D. Cornell University, '98
- Nanoscale energy transport and conversion
- Synthesis of nanomaterials
- Cooling of microelectronics
Awards and Recognitions
- Best Poster Award - Student Posters, 1st Place (J.C. Claussen et al.), 2010 Annual Meeting of the Institute of Biological Engineering, 2010
- Meritorious Paper Award (with A.D. Franklin), GOMAC Tech 2009 Conference, 2009
- Nominated for Best Poster Award, Poster SS5.7 (J.C. Claussen et al.), 2009 Fall MRS Meeting, 2009
- Most Cited Papers Award 2005 - 2008 (with J. Xu), International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2009
- University Faculty Scholar, Purdue University 2009 - 2014
- Best Paper Award (with D. Singh, J. Murthy), InterPACK ’09 Conference, 2009
- Birck Nanotechnology Center Most Cited Paper Award (with J. Xu) 2009
- Invited Participant to the Frontiers in Engineering Symposium, organized by the National Academy of Engineering, 2007
- Discovery in Mechanical Engineering Award, Purdue University, 2007
- Elected as Institute of Biological Engineering Councilor-at-Large, 2004 - 2006
- Semiconductor Research Corporation Inventor RecogniUon Award , 2003
- NSF Faculty Early Career Development Award, 2000-2005
- 3M Nontenured Faculty Award, 1999
- Semiconductor Research CorporaUon Graduate Fellowship, 1993-1998
- Best Student Poster Award, Packaging Sciences, TECHCON '96, Semiconductor Research Corporation, 1996
- Best Paper Award (with K. Sikka, K. Torrance), 5th ITHERM Conference, 1996
- Tau Beta Pi and Pi Tau Sigma honor societies
Ten Select Publications
G. Xiong, K.P.S.S. Hembram, R.G. Reifenberger, T.S. Fisher, “MnO2-coated graphitic petals for supercapacitor electrodes,” Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 227, pp. 254-259, 2013.
R. Paul, A. A. Voevodin, D. Zemlyanov, A. K. Roy, T. S. Fisher, “Microwave-assisted surface synthesis of boron-carbon-nitrogen foam and its adsorption enthalpy,” Advanced Functional Materials, Vol. 22, 3682-3690, 2012.
R.A. Sayer, J. Zeng, H.-H. Hsu, D. Peroulis, T.S. Fisher, “Thermal and electrical conductivity of nanocrystalline nickel microbridges,” Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, Vol. 21, pp. 850-858, 2012.
P.T. McCarthy, E.E. Marinero, T.S. Fisher, “Carbon nanotube thermal interfaces on gadolinium foil,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 55, pp. 6716-6722, 2012.
K.C. Smith, T.S. Fisher, “Models for metal hydride particle shape, packing, and heat transfer,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Vol. 37, pp. 13417-13428, 2012.
J.C. Claussen, A. Kumar, D. Jaroch, D.M. Porterfield, T.S. Fisher, “Nanostructuring platinum nanoparticles on multilayered graphene petal nanosheets for electrochemical biosensing,” Advanced Functional Materials, Vol. 22, pp. 3399-3405, 2012. (cover article)
G. Xiong, K.P.S.S. Hembram, D.N. Zakharov, R.G. Reifenberger, T.S. Fisher, “Controlled thin graphitic petal growth on oxidized silicon,” Diamond and Related Materials, Vol. 27-28, pp. 1-9, 2012.
K.C. Smith, P.P. Mukherjee, T.S. Fisher, “Columnar order in jammed LiFePO4 cathodes: ion transport catastrophe and its mitigation,” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, Vol. 14, pp. 7040-7050, 2012.
A.S. Kousalya, C.N. Hunter , S.A. Putnam , T. Miller, T.S. Fisher, “Photonically enhanced flow boiling in a channel coated with carbon nanotubes,” Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 100, art. no. 071601, 2012. Also in, Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology -- February 27, 2012.
A. Kumar, A. Voevodin, D. Zemlyanov, D. Zakharov, T.S. Fisher, “Rapid synthesis of few-layer graphene over Cu foil,” Carbon, Vol. 50, pp. 1546-1553, 2012.