MAHA Fluid Power Systems Professor, joint with Agricultural and Biological Engineering
585 Purdue Mall
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2088
- M.S., Slovak Technical University of Bratislava, '79
- Ph.D., Slovak Technical University of Bratislava, '83
- Advanced energy saving hydraulic actuators
- Computer based pump & motor design
- Gap flow simulation of displacement machines
- Drive line control of off-road vehicles
- Active oscillation damping of off-road vehicles
- Virtual prototyping of power split drives
- Condition monitoring of mechatronic systems
- Modeling and simulation of hydraulic systems
Awards and Recognitions
- Winner of the first prize of the national student competition in Mechanical Engineering in Czechoslovakia in 1978 with the presented research study ";A new method for computation of pressure field between piston and cylinder";, 1978.
- Award of the Rector of Technical University of Bratislava for the best Master Thesis in 1979.
- Best Paper Award - 1st FPNI PhD Symposium Hamburg 2000, Germany: Ivantysynova, M. and Lasaar. R., 2000 .The influence of Microscopic and Macroscopic Gap Geometry on the Energy Dissipation in Lubricating Gaps of Displacement Machines.
- Winner of the Best Poster Award - 1st FPNI PhD Symposium Hamburg 2000, Germany: For the research project by Ivantysynova, M. and Wieczorek, U., 2000. Simulation of the Gap Flow in the Sealing and Bearing Gaps of Axial Piston Machines.
- Best Paper Award - Bath Workshop on Power Transmission & Motion Control, PTMC 2003. Ivantysynova, M and Huang, Ch. 2003. A New Approach to Predict the Load Carrying Ability of the Gap between Valve Plate and Cylinder Block.Proceedings of Power Transmission and Motion Control PTMC 2003.
- 1st Prize of Metal and Electro Industry, Germany 2003 - Nicolas Ducat awarded for the best master thesis "Robust control of integrated joint rotary actuators", November 2003.
- Best Paper Award - Bath Workshop on Power Transmission & Motion Control, PTMC 2005, Ivantysynova, M., Huang, Ch. and Behr, R. 2005. Measurements of elastohydro-dynamic pressure field in the gap between piston and cylinder. Proceedings Bath Workshop on Power Transmission and Motion Control PTMC 2005, Bath, UK, pp. 451 - 465.
- Japan Fluid Power System Society Distinguished Service Award in honor of outstanding contribution to the JFPS International Symposium on Fluid Power on November 10, 2005
- Best Paper Award - ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress 2006, Chicago, USA: Ivantysynova, M., Huang, Ch. and Japing, A. 2006. Determination of gap surface temperature distribution in axial piston machines. IMECE2006-15249, 2006.
- Backe Medal for Best Paper - 4th FPNI PhD Symposium Florida 2006. by Huang, Ch. and Ivantysynova, M. 2006. An advanced gap flow model considering piston micro motion and elasto-hydrodynamic effects. Proceedings of 4th FPNI PhD Symposium Florida 2006, pp.181 - 196.
- Seed of Success from Provost Dr. Sally Mason , Purdue University for attracting large sponsored programs to Purdue University. January 2007
- Backe Medal for Best Paper - 5th FPNI PhD Symposium, Cracow, Poland, 2008. Baker, J. and Ivantysynova, M. 2008. Investigation of Power Losses in the Lubricating Gap between the Cylinder Block and Valve Plate of Axial Piston Machines. Proceedings of the 5th FPNI PhD Symposium, pp. 302 - 319, 2008.
- FPMC 2009 Best paper Award - Bath ASME Symposium on Fluid Power and Motion Control (FPMC2009) in Los Angeles, USA: Zimmerman, J. and Ivantysynova, M. 2009. Effect of Installed Hydraulic Corner Power on the Energy Consumption and Performance of Multi-Actuator Displacement Controlled Mobile Machines. (DSCC2009-2781)
- Joseph Bramah Medal 2009. This medal is awarded by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers' (UK) - Mechatronics Informatics and Control Group. The medal has been awarded for her outstanding commitment to international fluid power research and education, particularly in the field of hydrostatic pumps and motors.
- Honorary Doctorate Doctor Honoris Causa awarded from Slovak Technical University Bratislava, Slovak Republic, on October 20, 2010.
Ten Select Publications
Grabbel, J. and Ivantysynova, M. 2005. An investigation of swash plate control concepts for displacement controlled actuators. International Journal of Fluid Power, Vol. 6 (2005), No.2 August 2005. pp. 19 - 36.
Hilaire, A. St., Ossyra J.C. and Ivantysynova, M. 2006. Pump controlled active roll stabilizer. International Journal of Fluid Power, Vol. 7 (2006), No.1 March 2006. pp. 27 - 40.
Ivantysynova, M. and Baker, J. 2009. Power Loss in the Lubricating Gap Between Cylinder Block and Valve Plate of Swash Plate Type Axial Piston Machines. International Journal of Fluid Power, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 29 - 43.
Williamson, C. , Lee S. and Ivantysynova, M. 2009. Active Vibration Damping for an Off-Road Vehicle with Displacement Controlled Actuators. International Journal of Fluid Power, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 5 - 16.
Vacca, A., Klop, R. and Ivantysynova, M. 2010. A numerical approach for the evaluation of the effects of air release and vapour cavitation on effective flow rate of axial piston machines. International Journal of Fluid Power, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 33 - 46.
Ivantysynova, M. 2010. Maha Fluid Power Research Center - Future Trends in Fluid Power. Journal of the Japan Fluid Power System Society. Vol. 41, No 1, pp. 31 - 34. - invited paper
Seeniraj, G. and Ivantysynova, M. A Multi-parameter Multi-objective Approach to Reduce Pump Noise Generation. International Journal of Fluid Power. Accepted for publication in (2011).
Seeniraj, G.K., Zhao, M. and Ivantysynova, M. Effect of Combining Precompression Grooves, PCFV and DCFV on Pump Noise Generation. International Journal of Fluid Power. In review.
Kumar, R. and Ivantysynova, M. An instantaneous optimization based power management strategy to reduce fuel consumption I hydraulic hybrids. International Journal of Fluid Power. In review.
Kumar, R. and Ivantysynova, M. Dynamic programming based optimal control for assessing the fuel economy of hydraulic hybrids. International Journal of Fluid Power. In review.