Partha P. Mukherjee
Professor of Mechanical Engineering
585 Purdue Mall
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2088
Office: ME 2147
- Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University, University Park, USA, ‘07
- M.S., Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India, ‘99
- B.S., North Bengal University, West Bengal, India, ‘97
- Energy storage and conversion (batteries, fuel cells)
- Mesoscale physics and stochastics
- Reactive transport, materials, processing, and microstructure interactions
Awards and Recognitions
- Scialog Fellow, Research Corporation for Science Advancement (2017).
- Dean of Engineering Excellence Award, Texas A&M University (2017).
- TMS Young Leaders Professional Development Award, Functional Materials Division, The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society (TMS) (2016).
- Emerging Investigator distinction, Institute of Physics journal: Materials Research Express (2016).
- Emerging Leader distinction, Journal of Coordination Chemistry (2016).
- Morris E. Foster Faculty Fellowship, Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University (2016).
- TEES Young Faculty Fellow Award, Texas A&M University (2016).
- ECS Young Faculty Travel Grants Award, Battery Division, The Electrochemical Society (ECS) (2015).
- Future Leaders recognition, Future Leaders Program, American Ceramic Society (2014).
- Featured Article on ASME portal: "Lengthening Life of Lithium-ion Batteries" (2014).
- Featured Video on Energy Storage, ASME Nanoengineering for Energy and Sustainability podcast series (2014).
- "Listed in the Top 25 most cited articles" in Electrochimica Acta (2008-2009) [reported in 2012].
- "5th most cited article" in Journal of the Electrochemical Society (2007) [reported in 2010].
- LAAP Award, Los Alamos National Laboratory (2009).
- Director's Research Fellowship, Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL), NM, USA (2008 - 2009).
- Journal Issue Cover Feature, in Journal of Materials Chemistry, Royal Society of Chemistry (2007).
Z. Liu and P. P. Mukherjee, "Mesoscale Elucidation of Surface Passivation in the Li-Sulfur Battery Cathode," ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 9, 5263 (2017).
Z. Liu, P. B. Balbuena, and P. P. Mukherjee, "Revealing Charge Transport Mechanisms in Li2S2 for Li-Sulfur Batteries," Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 8, 1324 (2017).
Z. Liu, D. L. Wood III, and P. P. Mukherjee, "Evaporation Induced Nanoparticle - Binder Interaction in Electrode Film Formation," Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 19, 10051 (2017).
C.-F. Chen, A. Verma, and P. P. Mukherjee, "Probing the Role of Electrode Microstructure in the Lithium-ion Battery Thermal Behavior," Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 164, E3146 (2017).
D. Juarez-Robles, C.-F. Chen, Y. Barsukov, and P. P. Mukherjee, "Impedance Evolution Characteristics in Lithium-ion Batteries," Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 164, A837 (2017).
P. Barai and P. P. Mukherjee, "Mechano-Electrochemical Stochastics in High-Capacity Electrodes for Energy Storage," Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 163, A1120 (2016).
C.-F. Chen and P. P. Mukherjee, "Probing the Morphological Influence on Solid Electrolyte Interphase and Impedance Response in Intercalation Electrodes," Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 17, 9812 (2015).
C. Lopez, J. Jeevarajan, and P. P. Mukherjee, "Characterization of Lithium-Ion Battery Thermal Abuse Behavior Using Experimental and Computational Analysis," Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 162, A2163 (2015).
P. Barai and P. P. Mukherjee, "Stochastic Analysis of Diffusion Induced Damage in Lithium-ion Battery Electrodes," Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 160, A955 (2013).
P. P. Mukherjee, Q. Kang, and C. Y. Wang, "Pore-Scale Modeling of Two-Phase Transport in Polymer Electrolyte Fuel Cells - Progress and Perspective," Energy & Environmental Science, 4, 346 (2011).