George T. C. Chiu
Professor of Mechanical Engineering, by courtesy in Electrical and Computer Engineering
585 Purdue Mall
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2088
- B.S. National Taiwan University, '85
- M.S. California-Berkeley, '90
- Ph.D. California-Berkeley, '94
- Dynamic systems and control
- Digital and functional printing and fabrication
- Motion and vibration control and perception
- Embedded systems and real-time control
Awards and Recognitions
- Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), 2013
- Fellow, The Society for Imaging Science and Technology (IS&T), 2011
- 2010 IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology Outstanding Paper Award, Control Systems Society, IEEE, 2010
- Faculty Engagement/Service Excellence Award, College of Engineering, Purdue University, 2010
- Team Excellence Award, College of Engineering, Purdue University, 2006
- The Ruth and Joel Spira Award, School of Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University, 2004
- Teaching for Tomorrow Award, Purdue University, 2000
Ten Select Publications
M.H. Cheng, G.T.-C. Chiu and M.A. Franchek, "Real-Time Measurement of Eccentric Motion with Low-Cost Capacitive Sensor," IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, 10.1109/TMECH.2012.2195323, May 2012
V. Kumar, J.W. Boley, Y. Yang, H. Ekowaluyo, J.K. Miller, G.T.-C. Chiu, and J.F. Rhoads, "Bifurcation-based Mass Sensing using Piezoelectrically-actuated Microcantilevers," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 98, Iss. 15, Article Number: 153510, DOI: 10.1063/1.3574920, April 2011.
Y.-F. Kuo, C.-L. Yang, G.T.-C. Chiu, Y. Yih, J.P. Allebach, and D.A. Abramsohn, "Model-based Calibration Approach to Improve Tone Consistency for Color Electrophotography," Journal of Image Science and Technology, Vol. 56, No. 6, pp. 1-9, November/December 2011.
P.-J. Chiang, J.P. Allebach, and G.T.-C. Chiu, "Extrinsic Signature Embedding and Detection in Electrophotographic Halftoned Images through Exposure Modulation," IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, Vol. 6, No. 3 Part 2, 10.1109/TIFS.2011.2156789, September 2011.
F. Liu, G.T.-C. Chiu, E. Hamby, and Y. Eun, "Modeling and Control of a Hybrid Two-Component Development Process for Xerography," IEEE Transactions on Control System Technology, vol. 19, no.3, pp. 531-544, May 2011.
O-S. Kwon, H. N. Zelaznik, G. Chiu, and Z. Pizlo, "Human Motor Transfer is Determined by the Scaling of Size and Accuracy of Movement," Journal of Motor Behavior, Vol. 43, Iss. 1, pp. 15-26.
Y.-F. Kuo, C.-L. Yang, Y. Yih, G.T.-C. Chiu, and J.P. Allebach, "Improving Tone Prediction in Calibration of Electrophotographic Printers by Linear Regression: Using Principal Components to Account for Collinearity of SensorMeasurements," Journal of Image Science and Technology, Vol. 54, No. 5, pp. 050302-050302-9, September/October, 2010.
T. Bhuvana, W. Boley, B. Radha, B. Hines, G. Chiu, D. Bergstrom, R. Reifenberger, T.S. Fisher, and G.U. Kulkarni, "Inkjet Printing of Palladium Alkanethiolates for Facile Fabrication of Metal Interconnects and SERS Substrates," Micro & Nano Letters, Vol. 5, Iss. 5, pp. 296-299, 2010.
P-J Chiang, N. Khanna, A.K. Mikkilineni, M.V. Ortiz Segovia, S. Suh,J.P. Allebach, G.T.-C. Chiu, and E.J. Delp, "Printer and Scanner Forensics," IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, Vol. 26, Iss. 2, pp. 72-83, March 2009.
M. H.-M. Cheng, G.T.-C. Chiu, and R. Reifenberger, "Fractal Compression and Adaptive Sampling: Reducing the Image Acquisition Time in Scanning Probe Microscopy," Scanning, Vol. 30, Iss. 6, pp. 463-473, November 2008.