Jay P. Gore
Vincent P. Reilly Professor in Combustion Engineering and Associate Head for Graduate Studies
585 Purdue Mall
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2088
Office: CHAF 215, ME 3166
- B.E. University of Poona, '78
- M.S. Penn State, '82
- Ph.D. Penn State, '86
- Post Doctoral Certificate, University of Michigan, '87
- Sustainable energy and environment
- Combustion and turbulent reacting flows
- Combustion and heat transfer in materials
- Biomedical flows and heat transfer
- Global policy research
Awards and Recognitions
- College of Engineering Penn State University, External Advisory Committee, 2015-2018.
- Purdue Innovator Hall of Fame, Purdue Research Park, Purdue Research Foundation, 2014.
- Discovery in Mechanical Engineering Award, School of Mechanical Engineering, Purdue, 2014.
- Cafe X on Global Energy Grand Challenge, College of Engineering, McMaster University, 2014.
- Celebration of Faculty Careers, Purdue College of Engineering, 2014.
- International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering Chief Guest, Valedictory Function, 29th to 31st May 2013, Pune, India.
- Materials Research Society Nano-materials Synthesis Invited Panelist Award 2013, for a presentation entitled "Flame Synthesis of Carbon Nanotubes," 11/28/12, Boston, MA.
- Outstanding Team Award 2012, Purdue College of Engineering for the Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) team work, Founded by Gore in 2002.
- Jefferson Science and Technology Fellow, Office of Special Representative for Global Inter Governmental Affairs, U. S. State Department, 2010-11.
- Fellow, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), 2009.
- 2007 Global Employer of the Year Award (IAESTE) Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships (SURF) program.
- Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME), 2006.
- Academic Leadership Program Fellow, Council on Institutional Cooperation, 2005.
- Reilly University Chair Professor, Purdue University, 2000.
- U. S. Department of Energy Advanced Gas Turbine Faculty Fellowship, 1998.
- Japanese Ministry of Education Faculty Fellowship, 1998.
- The Presidential Young Investigator Award 1991.
- Best Paper in the 1987 Archival Heat-Transfer Literature Award, A. S. M. E.
- First rank among 120 students at B.E. examination and Gold Medal, Poona University.
- Wanson Thermax Inc. Prize for best senior home paper in heat transfer, Poona University, 1978.
Kapaku R. K., Rankin B. A. and Gore J. P., "Quantitative imaging of radiation from soot and carbon dioxide in a turbulent ethylene jet diffusion flame," Combustion and Flame, 2015, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.combustflame.2015.07.009
Rankin, B. A., Ihme, M. and Gore, J. P. "Quantitative model-based imaging of mid infrared radiation from a turbulent nonpremixed jet flame and plume," Combustion and Flame, 2014, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.combustflame.2014.10.019
Rankin, B. A., Magnotti, G., Barlow R. S., and Gore, J. P. "Radiation Intensity Imaging Measurements of Methane and Dimethyl Ether Turbulent Nonpremixed and Partially Premixed Jet Flames," Combustion and Flame, 161, 2014, pp. 2849-2859.
Harley Jacob, L., Rankin Brent A., Blunck David L., Gore Jay P., and Gross Kevin C., "Imaging Fourier-transform spectrometer measurements of a turbulent nonpremixed jet flame," OPTICS LETTERS / Vol. 39, No. 8 / April 15, 2014, pp. 2350-2054
Anup Sane, Aman Satija, Robert P. Lucht, and Jay P. Gore, "CO concentration and temperature measurements using tunable diode laser absorption spectroscopy near 2.3 μm," Appl. Phys. B, (Lasers and Optics), DOI 10.1007/s00340-014-5792-3, 2014, pp. 1-12.
Newale A. S., Rankin B. A., Lalit H. U., Gore J. P. and McDermott R. J., "Quantitative Infrared Imaging of Impinging Turbulent Buoyant Diffusion Flames," Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, 35 (2014) 2647-2655 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.proci.2014.05.115.
Sircar, I., Sane A., Wang W., Gore J. P., "A study of high pressure pinewood char gasification with CO2," Fuel, 134(2014), 554-564.
Sircar, I., Sane A., Wang W., Gore J. P., "Experimental and modeling study of pinewood char gasification with CO2," Fuel, 119(2014), 38-46.
Rankin B., Blunck D. L., and Gore J. P., "Infrared Imaging and Spatiotemporal Radiation Properties of a Turbulent Non-Premixed Jet Flame and Plume," ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, February 2013, Vol. 135 / 021201-1.
Y. Yang, T. G. Voskuilen, T. L. Pourpoint, D. R. Guildenbecher, and J. P. Gore, "Determination of the Thermal Transport Properties of Ammonia Borane and its Thermolysis Product (Polyiminoborane) Using the Transient Plane Source Technique," International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Vol. 37, No. 6, pp. 5128-5136 (2012).