Associate Professor of Agricultural and Biological Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering
585 Purdue Mall
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2088
Office: ME 2199, ABE 2041K
- Postdoctoral Associate, Mechanical Eng., MIT, '09-'10
- Ph.D. Aerospace and Mechanical Eng., UC Irvine, '09
- M.Sc. Aerospace and Mechanical Eng., UC Irvine, '05
- B.Sc. Mechanical Eng., Sharif University of Technology, Iran, '03
- CFD of multiphase flows
- Turbulent gas-liquid flows
- Heat transfer
Awards and Recognitions
- Graduate Dean’s Dissertation Fellowship, UC Irvine, 2009
- AIAA Martin Summerfield Graduate Award 2008
- 1st Place Award at AAAI Rescue Robot competition, 2002
- Technical Innovation Award at AAAI Rescue Robot competition, 2002
S. Dabiri, G. Tryggvason, "Heat transfer in turbulent bubbly channel flows," Chemical Engineering Science, 122, 106-113, 2015.
A. Doostmohammadi, S. Dabiri, A.M. Ardekani "A numerical study of the dynamics of a particle settling at moderate Reynolds numbers in a linearly stratified fluid," Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 750, 5-32, 2014.
S. Dabiri, J. Lu, G. Tryggvason, "Transition between regimes of a vertical channel bubbly upflow due to bubble deformability," Physics of Fluids, 25 (10), article no. 102110, 2013.
G. Tryggvason, S. Dabiri, B. Aboulhasanzadeh, J. Lu, "Multiscale considerations in DNS of multiphase flows," Physics of Fluids, 25 (3), article no. 031302, 2013.
G. Wu, S. Dabiri, M.T. Timko, A.F. Ghoniem, "Fractionation of multi-component hydrocarbon droplets in water at supercritical or near-critical conditions," Journal of Supercritical Fluids, 72, 150-160, 2012.
S. Dabiri, G. Wu, M.T. Timko, A.F. Ghoniem, "Mixing of single-component hydrocarbon droplets and supercritical water," Journal of Supercritical Fluids, 67, 29-40, 2012.
S. Dabiri, W.A. Sirignano, D.D. Joseph, "Interaction between a cavitation bubble and shear flow," Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 651, 93-116, 2010.
A.M. Ardekani, S. Dabiri, R.H. Rangel, "Collision of multi-particle and general shape objects in a viscous fluid," Journal of Computational Physics, 227, 10094-10107, 2008.
S. Dabiri, W.A. Sirignano, D.D. Joseph, "Two-dimensional and axisymmetric viscous flow in apertures," Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 605, 1-18, 2008.
S. Dabiri, W.A. Sirignano, D.D. Joseph, "Cavitation in an orifice flow," Physics of Fluids, 19 (7), article no. 072112, 2007.