Shirley J Dyke
Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Civil Engineering
585 Purdue Mall
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2088
Office: ME 2141
- Ph.D. Civil Engineering, University of Notre Dame
- B.S. Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering, University of Illinois
- Structural Dynamics and Control
- Cyber-physical Systems
- Machine Vision
- Real-time Hybrid Simulation
- Damage Detection and Structural Condition Monitoring
- Cyberinfrastructure Development
Fundamental Research Area(s)
Awards and Recognitions
- Editor-in-Chief, Engineering Structures
- National Science Foundation PECASE Award (1998)
- National Science Foundation CAREER Award (1998)
- Purdue University College of Engineering Team Excellence Award (2013)
- ANCRISST Young Investigator Award (2007)
- Outstanding Alumna Award for the Department of Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering at the University of Illinois (2005)
- International Association on Structural Safety and Reliability Junior Research Award (2001)
C.M. Yeum and S.J. Dyke (2015), "Vision based Automated Crack Detection for Bridge Inspection," Computer Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, DOI: 10.1111/mice.12141.
Z. Sun, S. Krishnan, G. Hackmann, G. Yan, S.J. Dyke, C. Lu and A. Irfanoglu (2015). "Damage Detection on a Full-Scale Highway Sign Structure with a Distributed Wireless Sensor Network," Smart Structures and Systems, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12989/sss.2015.16.1.223.
Z. Sun, B. Li, S.J. Dyke, C. Lu and L. Linderman (2015). "Benchmark problem in active structural control with wireless sensor network," Journal of Structural Control and Health Monitoring, DOI: 10.1002/stc.1761.
B. Xu, J. He and S.J. Dyke, 2015. "Model Free Nonlinear Restoring Force Identification for SMA Dampers with Double Chebyshev Polynomials: Approach and Validation," Nonlinear Dynamics, DOI 10.1007/s11071-015-2257-0.
F. Li, A. Maghareh and S.J. Dyke 2015. "Experimental Implementation of Predictive Indicators for Configuring a Real-time Hybrid Simulation," Engineering Structures, doi:10.1016/j.engstruct.2015.07.040.
D. Gomez, S.J. Dyke and A. Maghareh (2015), "Enabling Role of Hybrid Simulation Across NEES in Advancing Earthquake Engineering," Smart Structures and Systems Special Issue dedicated to Professor Yozo Fujino, January, DOI: 10.12989/sss.2015.15.3.913.
S. Pej??a, S.J. Dyke and T. Hacker (2014). "Building Infrastructure for Preservation and Publication of Earthquake Engineering Research Data," The International Journal of Data Curation, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 83-97. doi:10.2218/ijdc.v9i2.335
A Maghareh, S.J. Dyke and A. Prakash (2014), "Establishing a Predictive Performance Indicator for Real-time Hybrid Simulation," Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Vol. 43, Issue 15, pp. 2299–2318, December 2014 DOI: 10.1002/eqe.2448.
Y. Qian, G. Ou, A. Maghareh and S.J. Dyke (2014), "Parametric Identification of a Servo-Hydraulic Actuator for Real-time Hybrid Simulation," Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing DOI: 10.1016/j.ymssp.2014.03.001.
G. Ou, S.J. Dyke, A.I. Ozdagli and B. Wu (2014), "Robust Integrated Actuator Control: Experimental Verification and Real Time Hybrid Simulation Implementation," Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, DOI: 10.1002/eqe.2479.