Professor of Mechanical Engineering
585 Purdue Mall
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2088
Office: ME 2196, DLRC 103E
- B.S. University of Buenos Aires, Argentina, '97
- M.S. California Institute of Technology, '99
- Ph.D. California Institute of Technology, '03
- Computational solid mechanics
- Multiscale modeling of materials
- Finite Elements
- Dislocation dynamics
- Computational modeling of micromechanical systems
- Reliability of electronic interconnects
- Nano structured materials
- Effects of length scales on deformation process
Awards and Recognitions
- 2009, College of Engineering Faculty Excellence Award Team: PRISM
- 2006, Leon Heller Postdoctoral Publication Prize, Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- 2001, Graduate student presentation award, Materials Research Society, Fall meeting. Boston, MA.
M. Koslowski, R. LeSar and Robb Thomson, Avalanches and scaling in plastic deformation, Physical Review Letters, 93(12), 2004.
A. Hunter and M. Koslowski, Direct calculation of length scales in gradient plasticity, Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 56 3181-3190, 2008.
T. Sullivan, M. Koslowski, F. Theil and M. Ortiz, On the behavior of dissipative systems in contact with heat bath: Applications to Andrade creep. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 57 1058-1077, 2009.
Lei Lei and Marisol Koslowski, Mesoscale modeling of dislocations in molecular crystals, Philosophical Magazine 91(6) 865-878, 2011.
Marisol Koslowski, DongWook Lee and Lei Lei, Role of the grain boundary energetics on the maximum strength of nanocrystalline Nickel, Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 59 1427-1436, 2011.
Marisol Koslowski and Alejandro Strachan, Multiscale propagation of uncertainty quantification, Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 96(9) 1161-1170, 2011.
Hao Han Hsu, Marisol Koslowski, Dimitirios Peroulis, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, 59 (10) 2655-2664, 2011.
Hunter, A., Beyerlein, I., Germann, T. and Koslowski, M. Influence of the stacking fault energy surface on extended partials with a 3D Phase Field Dislocations Model, Physical Review B, 84 144108, 2011.
Alvaro J. Mendoza Jasso, Johnathan E. Goodsell, Andrew Ritchey, R. Byron Pipes and Marisol Koslowski, A parametric study of fiber volume fraction distribution on the failure initiation location in Open Hole Off-Axis Tensile Specimen, Composites Science and Technology, 71 (16) 1819-1825, 2011.
Lei Lei, T. Carvajal and M. Koslowski, Defect induced amorphization of molecular crystals, Journal of Applied Physics, 111, 073505, 2012.