ME Lab Safety
Safety Re-Certification Procedure for ME Laboratories:
To complete the annual re-certification process, an updated Self-Audit form must be completed by the
Principal Investigator (PI) assigned to each lab space and a signed hard copy of the form must be turned
in to Rick DuVall.
The on-line Self-Audit Form has links to other important information, as well as links to pertinent forms
that need to be completed to document potential hazards and to certify that students have been trained.
Special attention should be placed on making sure that students are aware of
- Personal Protective Equipment required to operate the research equipment, and
Hazard Communication information such as Safety Data Sheets
(formerly Material Safety Data Sheets) for any chemicals.
On-line training materials are available for
- Personal Protective Equipment training
- Hazard Communication Awareness training
- Hazard Communication Comprehensive training
- Chemical Hygiene Plan training
Laser training can also be arranged through REM