ME Grad Student Registration Guide - Summer 2019

January 28
Grad student registration opens
June 11
Course registration closes
Planning on graduating in Summer 2019?
Candidate Registration Deadline: June 5, 2019
  • Watch for an email regarding the Candidate Meeting
  • To declare candidacy, you are required to fill out a form 23, have your major professor sign it, return it to the ME Grad Office.
  • MS non-thesis students will NOT be allowed to register for "Exam or Degree Only"

You MUST meet with Ada or Cathy if:

  • you are a student in the 5 year BS/MS program or the SJTU 3+1++ program
  • you want to participate in the MS Co-Op program
  • you were a new grad student in Spring 2019 and you are having problems creating the plan of study

Click here to make an appointment with the ME Grad Office!

Attention Distance Learning Students

If you are a new or returning student to Purdue, the Purdue Online Learning web page section for "Registration" provides step-by-step instructions. The registration process confirms your intention to enroll for the Summer 2019 semester and is also used to set up an exam proctor.


Registration Process

1. Schedule of Classes - find course numbers & CRNs

Log in to myPurdue and click on "View the schedule of classes" to locate course numbers and CRN #s. Check if you need signature and/or approval for course overrides for courses outside of ME.

  • REMINDER: If you haven’t taken ME 691 (ME Graduate Seminar) yet, be sure to register for it in the Fall. This is a required course and is only offered in the Fall semester.
  • Please note: the Summer 2019 course GRAD59000 (Prgm Mgt: Comp Ovrview Discipln) cannot be used toward your degree requirements.

2. Meet With Your Major Professor

Set up a meeting with your major professor to determine your course schedule and then enter your registration through myPurdue. YOU and your major professor are responsible for following your Plan of Study, area exam conditions (PhD), etc.

3. PIN Number

Log in to the Engineering PIN System to retrieve your PIN number. You must have a Plan of Study in the process of approval to access your PIN.

If you don't have a Plan of Study in process of approval, your PIN number will not be available.

4. Independent Study Courses - requires a Form VT

Meet with your major professor to determine course title, fill out and turn in Form VT available in the ME Graduate Office. Meet with your major professor to determine course title and number of credit hours. Fill out and bring Form VT to ME Grad Office for department head signature. ME Grad Office will email you when Form VT is ready to take to Hovde Hall, Room 68.

5. Funded Students

If you are being funded by a research or teaching assistantship or a fellowship, you are required to register for at least 12 credit hours of coursework and/or research.

If your assistantship status is changing, notify Cheyenne Taskey in the ME Business Office (ME 2051).

6. Thesis Research - requires a Form 23

If you are a PhD, D-PhD, or MS thesis option student you are required to enroll in thesis research every semester.  Fill out Form 23 and submit to ME Grad Office. The form MUST be signed by both you and your major professor. Print-outs of your Plan of Study & current registration must be submitted with the Form 23 to your major professor.

7. Final Check

Double-check your class list in myPurdue, under "Concise Student Schedule", once it is entered.

ME Graduate Office
585 Purdue Mall (Room 1005)
West Lafayette, IN 47907
(765) 494-5730