ME Grad Student Registration Guide - Fall 2018
- If you are a PhD, D-PhD, or MS thesis option student you are required to enroll in thesis research every semester.
- To declare candidacy, you are required to fill out a form 23, have your major professor sign it, return it to the ME Grad Office.
- MS non-thesis students will NOT be allowed to register for "Exam or Degree Only"
You MUST meet with Julayne if:
- you are going on CPT
- you are a student in the 5 year BS/MS program or the SJTU 3+1++ program
- you want to participate in the MS Co-Op program
- you were a new grad student in Spring 2018 and you are having problems creating the plan of study
1. Schedule of Classes - find course numbers & CRNs
Log in to myPurdue and click on "View the schedule of classes" to locate course numbers and CRN #s. Check if you need signature and/or approval for course overrides for courses outside of ME.
2. Meet With Your Major Professor
Set up a meeting with your major professor to determine your course schedule and then enter your registration through myPurdue. YOU and your major professor are responsible for following your Plan of Study, area exam conditions (PhD), etc.
3. PIN Number
Log in to the Engineering PIN System to retrieve your PIN number. You must have a Plan of Study in the process of approval to access your PIN.
If you don't have a Plan of Study in process of approval, your PIN number will not be available.
4. Independent Study Courses
Meet with your major professor to determine course title, fill out and turn in Form VT available in the ME Graduate Office. Note that Independent Study courses are not allowed on the MSME "Thesis" plan of study.
5. Funded Students
If you are being funded by a research or teaching assistantship or a fellowship, you are required to register for at least 6 credit hours of coursework and/or research.
6. Thesis Research
If you are a PhD, D-PhD, or MS thesis-option student, you are required to enroll in thesis research with the professor supervising your research every semester
Fill out Form 23 and submit to ME Grad Office. The form MUST be signed by both you and your major professor. Print-outs of your Plan of Study & current registration must be submitted with the Form 23 to your major professor. Form 23s are available in the ME Grad Office.
7. Final Check
Double-check your class list, under "Concise Student Schedule", once it is entered.
If your assistantship status is changing, notify Michelle Sarault in the ME Business Office
ME Graduate Office
585 Purdue Mall (Room 1005)
West Lafayette, IN 47907