Research & Outreach Proposals
APPLICATIONS CLOSED - REOPEN DECEMBER 1
Application Opens: December 1
Deadline: February 24
Estimated Announcement of Recipients: May
Determine appropriate type from table, then see Guidelines and Application link below.
New: Community college student summer research collaborative projects are encouraged. Please see guidelines document for recent addition. Funds available for affiliate institution undergraduate/graduate students and faculty to mentor community college students in summer research opportunities. Maximum award $15,000; 1:1 cost-share requirement.
Please keep in mind the following key qualities that INSGC/NASA look for in the review process:
1. Diversity - race/ethnicity, gender, location (rural, underserved, etc.)
2. Impact - number of people involved, scope, long-term effect
3. Innovative - new ideas, effective and efficient
4. Non-federal Cost-share - minimum requirements, more is better
5. Follow all guidelines and requirements in the following document:
NOTE: INSGC cannot provide funds to non-US citizens in the form of salary or travel or non-US citizen students. A non-US citizen may apply for programs as a PI or as a Co-PI if all INSGC funds support the research of US citizens (faculty or students). Non-US citizens may receive support from their universities and these funds may be counted as part of the matching cost share requirement for the grant.
To Submit Application:
Due to technical issue please right-click and open in a new window: