2013 Purdue Space Day
Hosted by the School of Aeronautics and Astronautics with support from the Indiana Space Grant Consortium, PSD is the largest educational STEM outreach program at Purdue.
Dr. Bridges will be giving a presentation on Friday October 25th at 8:00am in the Class of 1950 Lecture Hall and will kick-off Space Day on Saturday morning at 9:30am in the Elliott Hall of Music - both are free and open to the public.
Factoids about PSD 2013:
· 675 students attending in grades 3-8
· 257 volunteers from 57 majors including 9 high school volunteers
· With parents/teachers/chaperones – this takes the number of people who will be on campus on Saturday for Space Day to be well over 1,000
· Since its inception in 1996, 6,614 grade school students have attended the event and 2,138 Purdue and high school students have volunteered to run the event
· We now have numerous Purdue student volunteers who attended as grade school students including two students on the PSD Executive Board