** Careers in Engineering**
Engineering is the discipline, art, skill and profession of acquiring and applying scientific, mathematical, economic, social, and practical knowledge, in order to design and build structures, machines, devices, systems, materials and processes that safely realize improvements to the lives of people.
Go: Indiana Student STEM Homepage
Some of the career opportunities available to a major in mathematics include:
- Aerospace Engineering: Aerospace engineers design, analyze, model, simulate, and test aircraft, spacecraft, satellites, missiles, and rockets.
- Agricultural and Biological Engineers: Agricultural engineers apply knowledge of engineering technology and science to agriculture and the efficient use of biological resources.
- Audio Engineer: Create and blend sounds and music.
- Civil Engineering: Oversee the building and construction of manmade features like towers, bridges, railways, etc.
- Computer Engineering: Design and maintain computer systems and hardware.
- Electrical Engineering: Work on small or large electrical systems.
- Environmental Engineering: Environmental Engineering is the study of ways to protect the environment.
- Marine and Ocean Engineering: Design of ocean vehicles, marine propulsion systems, and marine structures such as harbors, docks, and offshore drilling platforms.
- Mechanical Engineer: Mechanical engineers research, develop, design, manufacture, and test tools, engines, machines, and other mechanical devices.
- Nuclear Engineering: Study of splitting atoms to generate and harness nuclear power.
Cool Engineering Websites:
Discover Engineering - Perfect for middle - high school students. Games, videos, activities.