Indiana Space Grant Consortium is part of a National Network that Promotes STEM Education through Cooperative and Interdisciplinary Programs while Recruiting and Training the Next Diverse Workforce
- supporting STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) student scholarships, fellowships, and internships (traineeships);
- providing support to faculty and students to develop career skills in STEM related fields;
- offering experiential learning opportunities aligned with NASA Strategic Enterprises; and
- stimulating public interest in aerospace-related disciplines and lifelong learning through partnerships with educators at all levels, thus increasing public appreciation for the direct and indirect benefits of the U.S.
- A strong STEM education base that supports learning across the lifespan
- An organization structure that maximizes the accomplishments of its members
- Inspiration of learners of all ages to explore aerospace science and technology
- Excellence in the development, delivery, and support of space-related products and programs
- The development of individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences in Space Grant activities
Organization - INSGC values a strong internal structure that allows both the staff and affiliates of INSGC to operate as a seamless team in order to achieve the excellence that we are looking for in this organization.
Inspiration – INSGC values the inspiration of learners of all ages. Learning occurs in those who are very young and those with a long lifetime of experiences; learning and inspiration occur in formal and informal education and experiential environments. We are striving to create a culture that is innovative, creative, and enthusiastic when it comes to creating inspiration for NASA and NASA-related subjects.
Excellence – INSGC values the ability to provide excellent quality of service to the residents of the State of Indiana. We endeavor to go above and beyond the standards of products that we produce, the activities and opportunities that we support, and the processes that are the foundation of our performance.
Development - INSGC values the development of all persons and programs touched by this organization. We seek out new ideas and concepts, and explore new ways in which we can expand the depth and breadth of our organization.
- INSGC will promote NASA-related STEM workforce development by providing support to STEM research and education in higher education setting.
- INSGC will provide educational opportunities for K-12 students and teachers in order to inspire students to STEM disciplines.
- INSGC will collaborate with formal and informal STEM educators in order to promote awareness of NASA-related missions to the general public.
NASA Education Goals
In 2006 and beyond, NASA will continue to pursue three major education goals:
- Strengthening NASA and the Nation's future workforce
- Attracting and retaining students in science, technology, engineering and mathematics, or STEM, disciplines
- Engaging Americans in NASA's mission