Completion Guidelines for Non-Thesis Master's Degree
This Completion Guidelines information is merely designed as a guide to provide general information.
- A non-thesis master student is not assigned an advisor. Contact the Purdue IE Graduate Office for more information.
See the Plan of Study (POS) Requirements for Non-Thesis Master's for more information on completing a Plan of Study.
- Changes to a Plan of Study (POS) can be filed as many as times as necessary to update the information such as courses, concentration, and advisory committee.
Submit your Plan of Study as final so it can be fully approved.
If you fail to file a POS on time, a late fee may be assessed.
- If you fail to file a POS on time, a late fee may be assessed.
- To view more information on deadlines administered by the Graduate School, see the Graduate School Deadline Calendar.
Declare Candidacy by notifying the IE Graduate Office.
- Verify that courses on your Plan of Study match your transcript.
- If you fail to declare candidacy by the deadline, a $200 late fee will be applied by the Graduate School.
- A Graduation Audit will be done by the IE Graduate Office
- A Commencement tab will be added on your myPurdue when you successfully declare candidacy. Please see Commencement for more information.