Please note the Manuscript Submission deadline has been extended to April 30, 2018.
|Monday, December, 18, 2017||Abstract Submission Deadline|
|Monday, January 29, 2018||Abstract Acceptance Deadline|
|Monday, April 30,2018 EXTENDED||Manuscript Submission Deadline|
|Monday, April 30th, 2018||Manuscript Acceptance Deadline|
|Monday, May 21, 2018||Final Papers must be uploaded|
The Presenting Author will be notified of abstract acceptance or rejection in early 2018 and will be given further instructions for manuscript preparation, conference registration and VISA requests.
Tips for a successful abstract:
- Limit to 200-500 words
- Written in English
Full sentences featuring:
- What was done
- Expected benefits of what was done
If you need instructions on how to submit your abstract, please view the HOW TO instructions.
Preparing Your Manuscript
- Request your Visa Letter/Letter of Invitation early to ensure that all paperwork is completed and approved on time. You have access within Conftool to download a personalized Visa letter. If you need additional information included, please email Kim Stockment with the specified request.
Registering as the presenting author -- At least one of the authors must register as the presenting author and the required registration fee must be paid BEFORE submitting the manuscript (final date for this is April 2, 2018). Visit our registration website for additional information regarding registration. On completion of the registration, the author will receive a confirmation reference number which they will need when submitting their manuscript via Conftool.
- Note that one author can be the presenting author on a maximum of 3 papers.
- The conference registration fee will be reimbursed if a manuscript is rejected for publication and the presenting author does not want to attend the conferences.
- Student Authors/Student Paper Competition - If you are interested in submitting your paper to the Student Best Paper Competition, please be sure to note that in your submission via Conftool. *Note new guidelines and submission procedures for 2018*
Manuscript Formatting Tips
- Manuscripts must be submitted in a PDF or Word (.doc or .docx) file format.
- Your file cannot exceed 20MB. Reduce the resolution or compress images before saving your file.
- Check that all fonts are converted properly when exporting to PDF. Pay close attention to any special fonts, symbols, and equations.
- Please list all author names in the First Name Last Name format (Yongchan Kim, John Smith).
Manuscript Template Files
Presentation Template File
Paper Submission & Review Process
Once an abstract is accepted, the reference number given to the manuscript will be changed to reflect the conference in which the paper will be presented.
The presenting author should update any changes from the abstract to the final paper; such as the title and/or author information. This can be done directly via ConfTool.
Manuscripts will be reviewed and presenting authors will be notified of acceptance in early May.
Best Student Paper Award
As in past conferences, there will be three Best Student Paper Awards for each of the three conferences. Award dollars for these top papers is sponsored by Johnson Controls. 1st place papers will receive $1000, 2nd place papers will receive $500 and 3rd place papers will receive $250.
In order to qualify for the Best Student Paper Award, the first author of the paper must have been a full-time student at the time of the paper submission. Nominations for the award must be submitted by the faculty advisor of the student author or by the Principal Investigator of the work. An individual faculty member may only nominate 2 student papers for the award total (across the three conferences).
In the nomination letter, the nominator must 1) provide the paper number and paper title, 2) affirm that the student was the primary contributor to the ideas and results presented in the paper and 3) describe the merits and novelty of the research presented in the paper.
The deadline for nomination submission is April 30, 2018 and the submissions must be sent via email to the corresponding conference chair. The email addresses of the conference chairs are as follows.