"Ah, people make stupid choices. How can I help them?"
If you feel the similar thing in your daily life, the HIVE Lab is your right place. We use various cutting-edge technologies (e.g., data visualization and text mining) to help people make better choices, from choosing a meal for heart patients to making sense of thousands of on-line review at a glance, and try to understand underlying mechanisms of how people make decisions.
If you are interested, please come to our ReadingSeminar. You can learn what kinds of research we do and meet some students in the lab.
We do NOT require any skills in computer programming, statistical analysis, or research experiences. It is obviously good to have them. But, we learned that you can learn very quickly if you are determined to do. Surely, we will help you.
If you are not in West Lafayette and still want to learn more about the HIVE Lab, please email Dr. Yi with the following contents.
- Email Dr. Yi with following contents:
- Subject: "HIVE Lab researcher - [your last name, first name]"
- A paragraph describing your research interests: Why are you interested in our lab?
- Demonstrate your strength in a single paragraph or a URL of your website.
- Interview Schedule: When will you be available for a 30-minute interview? Please schedule one through http://doodle.com/yijisoo. If you are not near to West Lafayette, IN, please provide your Skype ID (in EST).
- Attachment: Your resume/CV and a sample paper if you have any.
- If you are interested in the SURF (Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships) program, check out the announcements and apply to the project posted by Dr. Yi.