- Phone: 765-496-7213
- Fax: 765-494-1299
Room 4510, Wang Hall, c/o Industrial Engineering,
516 Northwestern Avenue, 4th Floor,
West Lafayette, IN 47906
- CV: [PDF]
- Email Address: yij at purdue dot edu
- Meeting Request: Schedule a meeting
- Visualized Decision Making
- Information Visualization Theory
- Human-computer Interaction
- IE65900: Human Aspects in Computing
- IE48600: Work Design and Analysis II
- IE59000: Data Visualization: Theory and Practice
Ji Soo Yi is an associate professor specializing in human factors in the School of Industrial Engineering at Purdue University. He founded the HIVE Lab in March 2009. He received a B.S. degree in Industrial Engineering from Seoul National University in 1998. After graduation, he worked in industry for five years as a consultant and as an embedded software engineer in Seoul and Boston, where he became interested in human-computer interaction (HCI) research. He received his Ph.D. degree from the School of Industrial and Systems Engineering at Georgia Institute of Technology in August 2008. His research topics include human-computer interaction, information visualization, and decision science.
- 2003 - 2008: Ph.D., Industrial and Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, USA
- 1994 - 1998: B.S., Industrial Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- 2008 - present: School of Industrial Engineering, Purdue University: Assistant Professor
- 2001 - 2003: Namo Interactive, Inc.: Application developer
- 2000 - 2001: Mizi Research, Inc.: Embedded Linux developer
- 1998 - 2000: Insung Information, Co., Ltd: ERP consultant/programmer/DBA
Refer to Google Scholar Citation Page.
If you are interested in research opportunities in the HIVE Lab, please refer to ResearchOpportunities.