- Phone: 765-496-7213
- Fax: 765-494-1299
Room 288, Grissom Hall, c/o Industrial Engineering,
315 N. Grant Street,
West Lafayette, IN 47907
- CV: [PDF]
- Email Address: yij at purdue dot edu
- Meeting Request: Schedule a meeting
As of 6/19/2016, Dr. Yi resigned from the position at Purdue University and decided to work for Samsung Electronics, Co., Ltd. as a vice president for Intelligence Strategy Group.
- Visualized Decision Making
- Information Visualization Theory
- Human-computer Interaction
- IE65900: Human Aspects in Computing
- IE48600: Work Design and Analysis II
- IE59000: Data Visualization: Theory and Practice
Ji Soo Yi is an associate professor specializing in human factors in the School of Industrial Engineering at Purdue University. He founded the HIVE Lab in March 2009. He received a B.S. degree in Industrial Engineering from Seoul National University in 1998. After graduation, he worked in industry for five years as a consultant and as an embedded software engineer in Seoul and Boston, where he became interested in human-computer interaction (HCI) research. He received his Ph.D. degree from the School of Industrial and Systems Engineering at Georgia Institute of Technology in August 2008. His research topics include human-computer interaction, information visualization, and decision science.
- 2003 - 2008: Ph.D., Industrial and Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, USA
- 1994 - 1998: B.S., Industrial Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- 2015 - present: Mobile Communications Division, Samsung Electronics: Vice President
- 2014 - 2015: School of Industrial Engineering, Purdue University: Associate Professor
- 2008 - 2014: School of Industrial Engineering, Purdue University: Assistant Professor
- 2001 - 2003: Namo Interactive, Inc.: Application developer
- 2000 - 2001: Mizi Research, Inc.: Embedded Linux developer
- 1998 - 2000: Insung Information, Co., Ltd: ERP consultant/programmer/DBA
Refer to Google Scholar Citation Page.
If you are interested in research opportunities in the HIVE Lab, please refer to ResearchOpportunities.