(redirected from Main.ResearchOpportunities)
Sorry. HIVE Lab is no longer taking talents.
"Ah, people make stupid choices. How can I help them?"
If you feel the similar thing in your daily life, the HIVE Lab is your right place. We use various cutting-edge technologies (e.g., data visualization and text mining) to help people make better choices, from choosing a meal for heart patients to making sense of thousands of on-line review at a glance, and try to understand underlying mechanisms of how people make decisions.
If you are interested, please come to our ReadingSeminar. You can learn what kinds of research we do and meet other students with similar interests.
We do NOT require any skills in computer programming, statistical analysis, or research experiences. It is obviously good to have them. But, we learned that you can learn very quickly if you are determined to do. Surely, we will help you.
If you are not in West Lafayette and still want to learn more about the HIVE Lab, please email Dr. Yi with the following contents.
- Email Dr. Yi with following contents:
- Subject: "HIVE Lab researcher - [your last name, first name]"
- Please answer the following questions:
- Why are you interested in our lab?
- Why should we be interested in having you in our lab?
- What is your current status?
- Are you at Purdue? What is your current degree?
- If not, have you applied to Purdue? What are your target degree?
- When can you meet with me?
- Suggest at least two 30-minute time slots for interview after checking Dr. Yi's schedule https://web.ics.purdue.edu/~yij/MeetMe/. If you are not near to West Lafayette, IN, please provide your Google Hangout ID.
- Attachment: Your resume/CV and a sample paper if you have any.
- If you are interested in the SURF (Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships) program, check out the announcements and apply to the project posted by Dr. Yi.