SURF Summer Soccer League
|Location:||Purdue Intramural Gold Fields
The 2015 SURF soccer tournament is scheduled to begin on 06/02/2015. Teams have been prepared and link to the same is provided below (look in the section titled "Teams"). Team members are requested to come up with a name for the team and select a captain. Every team is scheduled to play 1 game every tuesday. Link to the detailed schedule is provided in the section titled "Format". Once the team names are decided, the schedule will be updated to show the corresponding changes.
SURF Soccer Champions: Crazy 8
Second Place: F.C. SURFalona
3rd Place: Cuadro
4th Place: Deuce
The teams were selected based on the points earned per game because 4 teams registered 7 games and 4 teams registered 6 games.
|U.S. Womens National Team||6||3||0||3||9||1.5||12||15||-3|
Final Standings after group stage
|U.S. Womens National Team||3|
|WEEK||Home Team||Away Team|
|Week 1||US Womens National Team||3-5||Deuce|
|Team Mitochondria||2-6||Circle Clap|
|F.C. SURFalona||4-4||Crazy 8|
|Week 2||US Womens National Team||3-1||Ballkickers Utd.|
|Team Mitochondria||1-5||F.C. SURFalona|
|Circle Clap||1-6||Crazy 8|
|Week 3||US Womens National Team||0-3||Cuadro|
|Team Mitochondria||0-3||Crazy 8|
|Circle Clap||1-2||F.C SURFalona|
|Week 4||US Womens National Team||3-2||Team Mitochondria|
|Ballkickers Utd.||0-1||F.C. SURFalona|
|Week 5 (played on 7/16)||US Womens National Team||3-2||Circle Clap|
|Ballkickers Utd.||0-5||Crazy 8|
|Week 6||US Womens National Team||0-2||F.C. SURFalona|
|Ballkickers Utd.||2-2||Team Mitochondria|
|Week 7||US Womens National Team||Both teams were absent||Crazy 8|
|Deuce||forfeit win||3-0||forfeit loss||SURFalona|
|Ballkickers Utd.||forfeit loss||0-3||forfeit win||Circle Clap|
|Cuadro||Both teams were absent||Team Mitochondria|
|F.C. SURFalona||Won by shootout||2-2||Lost by shootout||Deuce|
|Finals||F.C. SURFalona||2-4||Crazy 8|
The 2015 SURF Summer Soccer Tournament is be made of two groups, each with four teams. The top 2 teams from each group will play semi-finals to determine the finalists.
The schedule can be found here. Once team names are decided, the schedule will be updated to show the corresponding changes. The team listed first is the host team (must wear white) and the team listed second is the away team (must wear dark color). For example, for the match 1 vs. 2, Team 1 is the host team whereas Team 2 is the away team.
Points will be awarded according to typical FIFA rules, as follows:
Win/Forfeit: 3 pts Draw: 1 pt Loss: 0 pts
Teams can be found in the roster document here. Teams are requested to come up with a name for their team by 06/09/2015.
- Each team has a maximum of 8-9 players with a team captain
- Only 5 players are to be on the field per team
- A team may start the game with at least 3 people present
- If at least 3 people of a single team are not present at the start time, the game is forfeited.
- Team players can start warming up half hour before their game starts.
- Captains from each team will work together to resolve disputes and to track scores.
- Both team captains to report scores to GA at the end of each game.
Each team will play 7 games. The amount of points amassed will be used to seed the teams for the later rounds. Ties will be awarded in the Group Stage.
The seeding for the semi-finals will be provided by the number of points awarded from the group stage. The tiebreakers for the same amount of points amassed will be, in this order: head to head results, goal differential, goals for, sportsmanship. The winner of each semi-final will play in the final. Games resulting in a tie score will go into a 10 minute overtime period. Prior to starting, the teams will be given a 5 minute break. The overtime period will be broken into 5 minute intervals on each side of the field, with no breaks between intervals. If the game is still tied after the 10 minutes, a shoot-out round will be determined.
The champion of the Gold Division will be photographed and published as the 2015 SURF Summer Soccer League Champion.
The 2015 SURF Summer Soccer League field location is Purdue Gold Fields. Field 1 and 2 are both located within the red circle on the map.
- Players on field: max. 5 and min. 3 for each team.
- All team members must check-in with the GA before the game begins.
- The GA will sound the whistle for game beginning and end.
- Each half will be 20 minutes long with 5 minutes halftime break.
- No team should play two consecutive halves on the same field end.
- The host team should wear white (or light color) shirts and the away team should wear dark color shirts.
- The ball may not be played (by either team) within arm's length (3 ft.) of the goal. If an offensive player touches the ball within 3 ft. of his opponent’s goal, it is a goal kick. If a defensive player touches the ball within 3 ft. of his own goal, it is a goal.
- A goal can only be scored from the opponents half.
- Substitutions can be made when there is a dead ball (out of bounds, or a goal). The number of substitutions per team is NOT limited.
- In the event of forfeit, the game will be recorded as a 3-0 win.
- No goal keeper position with hands option.
Free kicks (players must be 5 ft or 1.5 m away from the free kick taker).
- Exception: A deliberate handball, at a radius of less than 3ft or 1.5 m away from the goal line, for a ball clearly going though the two goal posts is counted as a goal, and the player who intentionally handballed is removed (without substitution) from the game for a period of 3 minutes.
- No sliding tackles are acceptable.
- Off-sides will not be enforced.
- Kick-ins when the ball is played out-into-touch.
- Corner kicks and goal kicks will be awarded for the ball being played over the endline.
- Any out of bounds situation is considered an indirect free kick, a goal may not be scored from it.
- Foul or abusive language/behavior will not be tolerated.
- The referees and GA have the ability to remove or suspend players for excessive fouling, abusive behavior, foul language, or any other form of disrespect.