SURF Summer Soccer League
|Event Date:||July 29, 2014|
|Location:||Purdue Intramural Gold Fields
|Sponsor:||Purdue Men's Club Soccer
Congratulations to the winners of the 2014 SURF Summer Soccer League, Team 4!
As of 7/16/14
As of 7/16/14
|Week 1||Team 2||7||-||4||Team 3|
|Team 4||6||-||5||Team 5|
|Team 6||2||-||4||Team 7|
|Week 2||Team 5||1||-||1||Team 6|
|Team 3||1||-||7||Team 4|
|Team 1||7||-||4||Team 2|
|Week 3||Team 2||1||-||10||Team 4|
|Team 5||8||-||1||Team 7|
|Team 1||4||-||2||Team 6|
|Week 4||Team 4||4||0||Team 6|
|Team 3||6||0||Team 7|
|Team 1||6||5||Team 5|
|Week 5||Team 2||2||3||Team 7|
|Team 3||3||5||Team 6|
|Team 1||3||8||Team 4|
|Week 6||Team 2||3||4||Team 5|
|Team 4||7||2||Team 7|
|Team 1||0||4||Team 3|
The 2014 SURF Summer Soccer League is be made of two groups, one with four teams, the other with three teams.
The schedule can be found here.
Points will be awarded according to typical FIFA rules, as follows:
Win/Forfeit: 3 pts Draw: 1 pt Loss: 0 pts
Teams can be found in the roster document here.
- Each team has a maximum of 7 players with a team captain
- Only 5 players are to be on the field per team
- A team may start the game with at least 3 people present
- If at least 3 people of a single team are not present at the start time, the game is forfeited
- Team players can start warming up half hour before their game starts.
- Captains from each team will work together to resolve disputes and to track scores.
- Both team captains to report scores to GA at the end of each game.
Each team will play 6 games. The amount of points amassed will be used to seed the teams for the later rounds. Ties will be awarded in the Group Stage.
The seeding for the semi-finals will be provided by the number of points awarded from the group stage. The tiebreakers for the same amount of points amassed will be, in this order: head to head results, goal differential, goals for, sportsmanship. The winner of each semi-final will play in the final. Games resulting in a tie score will go into a 10 minute overtime period. Prior to starting, the teams will be given a 5 minute break. The overtime period will be broken into 5 minute intervals on each side of the field, with no breaks between intervals. If the game is still tied after the 10 minutes, a shoot-out round will be determined.
The champion of the Gold Division will be photographed and published as the 2014 SURF Summer Soccer League Champion.
The 2014 SURF Summer Soccer League field location is still to be determined.
- The GA will sound the whistle for game beginning and end.
- Half length will be 25 minutes with 5 minutes halftime break.
- No team should play two consecutive halves on the same field end.
- The host team should wear white (or light color) shirts, and the away team should wear dark color shirts.
- The ball may not be played (by either team) within arm's length of the goal.
- Substitutions can be made when there is a dead ball (out of bounds, or a goal).
- In the event of forfeit, the game will be recorded as a 4-0 win.
- No goal keeper position with hands option.
- Free kick for handball penalty (players must be 5 ft or 1.5 m away from the free kick taker).
Exception: A deliberate handball, at a radius of less than 5ft or 1.5 m away from the goal line, for a ball clearly going though the two goal posts is counted as a goal, and the player who intentionally handballed is removed (without substitution) from the game for a period of 3 minutes.
- No sliding tackles are acceptable.
- Off-sides will not be enforced.
- Kick ins when the ball is played out-into-touch.
- Corner kicks and goal kicks will be awarded for the ball being played over the endline.
- Any out of bounds situation is considered an indirect free kick, a goal may not be scored from it.
- Foal or abusive language/behavior is not tolerated.
- The referees and GA have the ability to remove or suspend players for excessive fouling, abusive behavior, foul language, or disrespect or other forms.