Introduction to Global Engineering (Engr 103)
This course is designed to:
- Improve students' understanding of global engineering, and awareness of industry demand for globally competent engineers.
- Increase students' appreciation and understanding of the history, culture and people of various regions.
At the end of the course, students would have gained:
- Appreciation of culture.
- Awareness of the role of engineering in society.
- Understanding of global engineering challenges.
- National Academy of Engineering - Engineer of 2020: Visions Of Engineering In The New Century National Academies Press, September 01, 2004. Available for reading on-line
- Additional texts and reading materials may be assigned.
Additional Suggested Texts
- National Academy of Engineering - Educating the Engineer of 2020: Adapting Engineering Education to the New Century- National Academies Press, November 01, 2005. Available for reading on-line
- Kiss, Bow, or Shake Hands: How to Do Business in Sixty Countries by Terri Morrison, Wayne A. Conaway, George A. Borden. 1994.