Looking for a specific policy or guideline? You’ve come to the right place. Just click the links to the right to access any of the following documents.
- University Policies: The definitive source for the most current Purdue University system-wide policies.
- Changing Joint Appointments: This policy details the steps for changing joint appointments—which provide opportunities for interdisciplinary activities in discovery, learning and engagement—both within the College of Engineering and across Purdue.
- AY Support for Faculty with Joint Appointments: This policy documents how the CoE manages AY support for faculty with joint appointments.
- Confidentiality: This policy helps ensure confidentiality in all aspects and stages of the promotion and tenure process.
- Conflict of Interest: This policy identifies possible conflicts of interest and the process for addressing them in the promotion and tenure process.
- Distinguished & Named Professors: This policy details discretionary allocations and salary supplements for distinguished professors, named university professors, named professors and university faculty scholars.
- Named Professorship Processes: Resources for the nomination and review of named professorships and term named professorships.
- Engineering Faculty Bylaws: This document identifies College of Engineering members, voting members, officers and representation on the University Senate and provides guidelines for faculty meetings and committees.
- Faculty Grievance: This policy explains the informal and formal grievance resolution process, as well as membership on the grievance hearing committee.
Faculty of Engineering Practice Document: This document defines implementation of non-tenure track faculty appointments in engineering modeled after clinical/professional faculty at Purdue and who are designated as Faculty of Engineering Practice.
Flexible Workload: This policy identifies the external circumstances or events that may warrant the redistribution of your workload.
- Guidelines for Engineering Divisions: This document details practices and actions divisions can take to provide an excellent interdisciplinary engineering experience.
- Faculty Mentoring: This document provides an overview of the career guidance and mentoring program that’s been established to create a nurturing environment within the College of Engineering.
- Promotion Policies: Link to resources for all promotion-related guidelines, policies and documents
- Promotion of Junior Faculty with Joint Appointments: This policy explains the process for annual feedback as well as promotion and tenure for junior faculty who hold joint appointments.
- Tenure Clock Extension: This policy documents the process for seeking an extension of your tenure clock when certain situations arise that may slow or hinder achieving tenure.
- Sabbatical and Leave Form (Request and Leave Action/RLA): For leave including sabbatical; research, instruction or engagement travel; outside activity leave; or change in duty station. Available as either a PDF or DOC.
- Outside Activities