Settle in at Purdue
The first few days—even months—on a new job can be overwhelming. We’re here to help. You’ll find a variety of resources available at the university, college and department levels—all designed to help you settle into your new role.
- New Faculty Community: This informal, year-long program is designed to help you quickly integrate into scholarship and learning—and build relationships with your fellow newcomers.
- Faculty Mentoring: Mentoring is an on-going process at Purdue. It begins when you join the College of Engineering (sometimes even before) and continues until you reach full professor status (many times beyond).
- Research Resources: Securing funding, accessing lab space, developing proposals, transferring intellectual property into real products and services—whatever your research needs, you’ll find resources available at both the college and university levels to support your efforts.
- Teaching Resources: Purdue is committed to continuous improvement in the classroom. You can access a variety of programs and initiatives to help keep your teaching skills sharp and share best practices with your colleagues.
- Your New Community: Get to know your new hometown! The Lafayette/West Lafayette community boasts a low cost of living and a high overall high quality of life, plus a convenient location between Chicago and Indianapolis.
- Promotion & Tenure: Know the rules! The more information you have about the promotion, tenure, and annual review process, the better.