Responsible Conduct in Research Instructions
The following content will be covered using on-line modules from the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI; www.citiprogram.org.) The purpose of these modules will be to introduce core principles associated with the indicated RCR area.
Directions for accessing the CITI modules:
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY!!!!!!!!!!!
- Go to: www.citiprogram.org
If you have not registered with CITI previously, select “Register Here.” Complete the requested information.
BE SURE TO SELECT “Purdue University” from the “Participating Institutions” drop-down menu. Ignore the other drop-down menus under the
- Select your institution or organization” heading.
- Complete the remaining information, selecting your UserName and Password, your name, e-mail address, and then hit “submit.”
- You may then be prompted to enter “Purdue” requested information and select “submit.”
- Jump to number “4” below.
- If you have previously registered with CITI, you will need to login with your UserName and Password. Once logged in, please verify that you are affiliated with “Purdue University.” If not, choose “Affiliate with another institution” at the top of the page, and then select “Purdue University” from the “Participating Institutions” drop-down menu.
- You will now be prompted to select your curriculum.
- If you need Human subjects/IRB training, select the appropriate “Group.” (Note: If you do not need IRB training, select nothing under the “Human Subjects Research Training” heading. If you have previously completed IRB training, you may leave this selected).
- Proceed to “2. Select Learner Group for the CITI Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Course.”
Choose the course that BEST fits your scientific discipline (Biomedical Research, Social and Behavioral Research, Physical Sciences, OR Humanities).
*Most students will select "Physical Sciences" or "Physical Sciences and Engineering"
- Select “Submit.”
- Verify information on the next page and select “yes” or “no.”
- Scroll down to “My Courses” and select “Enter” to begin the modules. Note, the modules must be completed in order. You are only required to complete the “Required Modules.”
- Please send a copy of your CITI Completion Report to your program coordinator.