Progress, Issues, and Goals (PIGS)
PIGS are a tool to your team communicate what they have and haven't accomplished during the past week. Each project leader should report their team's PIGS to the advisor and larger team each week. The PIGS should map 1:1 to the Gantt Chart. The PIGS are:
- Explain what you accomplished over the last week
- Should map to the previous week's Goals
- Explain what went wrong this week.
- You should never report a problem without proposing a solution. If you had a design issue, how will you resolve it? If you fell behind schedule, how can you catch up?
- What do you intend to get done this week?
- Goals should be verifiable. You should be able to prove you have accomplished the goal.