Team and Individual Guidelines
On this page you will be able to find all of the guidelines, templates, and examples for all the reports, presentations and other documentation required for teams and individuals throughout the semester. The page is broken down into the following two main sections:
- Reports, Presentations, and Guidelines for Teams
- Reports, Presentations, and Guidelines for Individuals
If you can't find what you need, additional forms and guidelines can be found here.
Design Documentation: This document that details the design of your project. It describes the problem you are solving and how you are constructing your solution. It also includes the overall timeline for the project as well as the semester plan.
Project Approval Checklist: This is recommended for all projects and required for projects beginning in Fall 2012 or later.
- Presentation Guidelines - week 7
- Presentation Guidelines - week 15
- Documentation Guidelines - Includes discussion of how reviewers will use your Design Documents and associated artifacts
- Presentation templates and examples
- Follow-up Spreadsheet - to be completed after the design review
Delivery Process and Review: There is a very specific EPICS delivery process, with a checklist, described here. Presentation to reviewers external to the team is done around the time of delivery, to provide feedback on whether the project really is ready for delivery into the community.
- Delivery Process
- Delivery Checklist
- Waiver, Release, and Hold Harmless Agreement
- Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire
- Presentation templates and examples - See templates and examples in the section on Design Review, above.
Team Sharepoint: Team's internal document development and communication site. All project documentation should be developed and stored here. Teams can also create wikis, calendars, discussion groups and task lists to help manage the design.
- Examples - from the EPICS Homepage, go to SharePoint, then Team Sites. You will see all the other EPICS teams listed, and can explore how they laid out their documents in directories, etc.
- Webmaster Skill Session Powerpoint
- Examples - From the EPICS Home Page, go to Teams&Projects. Clicking on each one shows some basics about that team. Almost all have an additional Website link listed at the top, to the website that the team has created.
Transition Checklist: To help new team members learn from existing team members, starting in Week 1!
- Weekly Reflection Topics (examples, from Fall 2009)
- Design Activity Reflection
- Final Reflections (docx)
- Final Reflections (pdf)
Team Roles (Positions): To learn about the special responsibilities and activities of the team roles (e.g., team leader)
- Process Description
- Senior Design Module
- Outcomes Rubric
- Presentation Guidelines for 1st Semester
- Presentation Guidelines for 2nd Semester
- Project Proposal Template (1st Semester)
- Project Description Template (2nd Semester)
- Outcomes Matrix Template