Information for Current Students
If you are currently a student involved in the Purdue University EPICS program, please check out the resources listed below.
- This week in EPICS: Posting of the weekly email: contains announcements, milestones and activities for this week, and upcoming milestones.
- Syllabus (PDF)
- Guidelines and Templates for Teams and Individuals: Guidelines, templates, and examples for all the reports, presentations and other documentation required for teams and individuals.
- Administrative Forms and Guidelines: Forms and guidelines for basic EPICS operations, such as purchasing.
- Schedules: Lab, Lecture, TA, etc.
- Taped Lectures: First go here to watch the video, then submit make-up in myEPICS
- Grading: Grading Summary and Grading Guidelines
- Senior Design
- myEPICS 2.0: Tool to access team information, sign up for skill sessions, submit make-up for online lectures, and check attendance
- SharePoint Server: System for team collaboration and document archival (project design and management documents)
- Blackboard Vista: University resource used to turn in and receive feedback on assignments and record grades (specific assignments depend on team)
- Design Tools
Labs and Equipment
- Labs Information on the facilities available to EPICS students.
- Equipment The equipment available for you to use is located across our lab areas.
- AFL Access Info and Machining Tips Steps required to submit a project to the 3D Printer Lab:
- Central Machine Shop Work Order How to Complete the RMS Form 20 Work Order
- Mechanical Engineering Machine Shop EPICS has had the benefit of allowing students to work in the ME Projects Machine Shop. The machine shop has a number of different wood and metal working tools available for use.
- NI Help Center Information on National Instruments tools available on all ECN and ITAP computers.
- Armstrong Access Info All students who wish to have card swipe access to the Neil Armstrong Hall of Engineering and to the EPICS hardware and software labs must complete this safety training.
- Poster Printing guidelines all staff and students must use when submitting files for print to the poster print staff.
- Accessing Resources Information on how to map your account to access your team’s share drive.
- Help Logging Off (PDF) Guidelines for logging off ECN and iTAP machines.
Documentation and Presentations
- Documentation Help Information outlining the different types of documentation required throughout the semester. It discusses in depth the requirements for maintaining an EPICS design notebook, as well as the other individual, project, and team documentation
- EPICS Logo Files Students can download the official EPICS logo in several different formats for use in presentations and documentation
Purchasing and Funding
- Grants Available for Service Projects Funds are available to provide grants to students or student organizations for work on community service learning projects.
- OnePurdue Preferred Vendors EPICS has been able to set up special rates with a number of suppliers, both local and on the web. Before ordering parts and supplies, please check through the list below to see if you can get what you need through one of these suppliers.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Click here.